Hey all,

tl;dr:

1) Installed official Chinese ICS

2) No Gapps

3) Official updates from ICS fail at about 40% of the bar

4) Guide said to use CWM update.zip method

5) Rooted and unlocked bootloader

6) Installed 5iRomToolbox to back up IMEI

7) Need to get CWM working, but it doesn't recognise my phone. I have 3e recovery (did 5irom do this?)

8) Tried fastboot, but it won't recognise my phone even though Linux and Windows seem to have drivers

So, I installed the official ICS update for the G300 (I actually accidentally flashed the Chinese one, but no problem there), without installing CWM before (stupid of me, I know). Once I got in, I realised I had no GApps, of course. The guide on here said to do the update.zip method via CWM, so I rooted and unlocked the bootloader with a series of scripts from a thread here (root-linux.sh and unlock-bootloader.sh).

I'm rooted with an unlocked bootloader, but 3e recovery and I want CWM to install better ROMs. Trying to use fastboot doesn't help because it doesn't find my phone. Does anyone know why this is or what I'm doing wrong?

I'd really appreciate any help, I really want my phone back!

Thanks

Guest wrtease

force clockwork mod .do you want to.okay .you set your mobile up to do clockwork. when it says waiting on device unplug USB cable and hold down volume and plug in USB cable it should work now.let me no.