jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
  • Devices:OSD
Dam it my power button is failing again grrrrrr

Think it is time to look a bit deeper into volume wake, there has to be a way to make it survive sleep as cyanogenmod has it.

Volume wake would be a perfect solution, with an on screen power off widget and volume wake, you would rarely need to touch the power button. I will look into this tomorrow.

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,653 posts

Dam it my power button is failing again grrrrrr

Think it is time to look a bit deeper into volume wake, there has to be a way to make it survive sleep as cyanogenmod has it.

Volume wake would be a perfect solution, with an on screen power off widget and volume wake, you would rarely need to touch the power button. I will look into this tomorrow.

Are you still using a bit of cardboard under the button? Try replacing it.. the cardboard might have got compressed over time. Or if you are feeling brave why not try and swap the outer button with the camera button?

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
Yes it has been a while since I changed it but, I have also noticed the casing is starting to push out slightly at top lol, no idea why as the cardboard is small and does not stick out enough to cause a deformation of the casing.
The camera button looks like a different setup from what I remember last time when I was looking, I don't recall it having the middle arm that the power button has but I will take another look.

This looks useful: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1107041

Edited by jikobutsu, 22 December 2012 - 04:54 PM.

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,653 posts
ah I didn't fully look at the button. I suppose you could always send it to SBE to be repaired.

I noticed the power button my my unit is a bit rubbish again so I opened it up.. it's my phone! They just swapped the mainboard over instead of re-flashing.

One bit of cardboard inserted again. Lets see how this goes :D

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
What do you think of the link above ? I tried but it is for Atrix and does not work for me. It auto pulls and patches androidpolicy.jar for volume wake.

I been trying to do myself for past hour but having issue with basksmali. well correction there, I have no problem with basksmali as I have decompiled classes.dex and made the edits, the problem is I am not able to get smali.jar to recompile grrrr. I done it in the past but forgot how now.

Edited by jikobutsu, 22 December 2012 - 05:43 PM.

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,653 posts
It's a pain to recompile. I believe you have to decompile it with one version of baksmali then compile it with a different version of smali or something like that. It has been a while since I did it.

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
It ok I got it now, just me being a pleb and using wrong command :lol:

Correct one being "java -jar smali.jar classout -o classes.dex"

rebooting now, hopefully it work.......

It does not work :( I followed guide from here: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1585309

edit: got it working :) but I have heard this is method still has issues with deep sleep.

Edited by jikobutsu, 22 December 2012 - 06:25 PM.

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,653 posts
The values are probably different :(

BTW have a look at editing res/values/bools.xml in framework-res.apk. You can enable a few things that might help a little like screen on when USB cable is unplugged. Menu button wake. Oh and you can enable the 'TV' screen-off animation as well.

APK Manager should do it easily enough.

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
Ok now for the test.

I have reset cpu spy so I can confirm deep sleep and will leave screen off for 10 minutes, should be long enough to know.

I think I have it working, 10 min in deep sleep and screen came back on instant I touched volume key :) I had to edit an extra file for it to work.

Edited by jikobutsu, 22 December 2012 - 06:41 PM.

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,653 posts
woop! Good work.

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
Unfortunately not, after about 20min of deep sleep volume keys don't wake :(

Wish I new how it is done, I have looked all over xda and only find same method but I am sure cyanogenmod had volume wake.

i am not a hacker

i am not a hacker

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade and Orange San Diego
Why don't you ask one of the members of the cyanogenmod team?

Nexus 10
Orange San Diego

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
I did'nt speak with a CM Dev but, I found this which unfortunately suggests it could be a kernel level issue :(

http://code.google.c.../detail?id=6720

geoff1951

geoff1951

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego, Nexus 4

I did'nt speak with a CM Dev but, I found this which unfortunately suggests it could be a kernel level issue :(

http://code.google.c.../detail?id=6720

No jikobutsu, the issue is the poor design of the power button in the first place.

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
Lol that is true, but to enable volume wake is at kernel level, patching androidpolicy.jar has no effect.

geoff1951

geoff1951

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego, Nexus 4
No posts on this thread for 11 days. Jikobutsu and flibblesan, how are your buttons, or are the software fixes working?
My PB has deteriorated a lot over the past two days. Still works, but very fiddly and getting worse.
Haven't got Orange startup screen so would need to use ricky's tool to put it on before going to the shop, but more importantly I dropped it over Christmas and have a fair bit of cosmetic damage to the case corner right by the PB. I can just imagine the argument with the shop. "Sorry, sir, don't you have insurance...?"

saint91

saint91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego
Can someone please make a video or take pictures of the cardboard/plastic under the button solution?

I can't tell where it's supposed to go and don't want to risk damaging the phone.

My power button depressed into the body yesterday, and it's been bloody annoying getting it to wake.

i am not a hacker

i am not a hacker

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade and Orange San Diego
+1 for that.
Although I've 'mastered' how to press the power button first time, it's not going to last.
So a video or pictorial guide would be nice

Nexus 10
Orange San Diego

topcat07

topcat07

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
How do you do cardboard method anyone have advice? I couldn't see a way to do it

amap

amap

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Mint/iphone5,nokia e72
решил покопаться по англоязычным сайтам и наткнулся на этот форум,у меня телефон Megafon Mint это то же самое, что и Orange san diego, и 2 недели назад столкнулся с проблемой, что не работает кнопка - она провалилась, итак я решил разобрать телефон, конечно же я не нашел схемы и полез сам, разбирается он легко поддевает пластмассовой пластиной края где вставляется микро сим, потихоньку открывает не забывая, что внутри двухсторонний скотч, далее находим вверху кнопку, откручиваем рядом находящийся болт ( правый верхний) метод очень прост, вместо картона упомянутым выше, берем пластмассовую пластинку , ту которая идет с симкой (sim), стачиваем ее до 1,5 мм длиной 4 мм и шириной внутрь 2-2,5 мм, и закручиваем так чтобы данная пластинка не вылетела, вот и все)
П.С. используйте google переводчик или как я - Яндекс)

Edited by amap, 10 June 2013 - 07:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users