Asus preparing Nexus 7 3G variant?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

I love my Nexus 7, but I really wish there was a 3G version. Well, according to our very well placed insider - my wish is about to be answered!

There's not a huge amount to say... a 3G version of the Nexus 7 is coming, with no other hardware changes. Asus is currently ramping production in preparation for launch in around 6 weeks, with the exact launch date and territories still to be confirmed.

We'll bring you more information as we have it!

Click here to view the item

Guest achim w.

Well - have to think about selling my GN7 without 3G then. I don't really make phone calls but all the time going about using tethering is too annoying now. I used it for 2 weeks during holidays but made the experience that it really is slow. Slower then the 3g connection when using the phone only.

Well - let's wait and see what the price will be :-)

Guest masterpfa

This would be an added bonus for those that need 3G, just more strings to the Nexus 7's bow.

I personally don't fancy having an additional SIM plus additional payments, but then again, I am usually within WiFi coverage or able to tether to my mobile.

I still don't have my N7 as it has not been released in my country. Buzz is that it will arrive here (IN) in Oct.

I'll be curious to see if the 3G variant too is released only in a couple of nations or if my luck will favor me this time.

Guest satsuma

The Nexus 7 is the ideal commuter tablet in terms of size & weight whilst equipped with a great processing power and unadulterated Jelly Bean. I held off buying because of the lack of 3G. Don't want to use my phone as a hotspot because using the tablet for browsing, mail, social etc is supposed to help me conserve my phone battery life for good old-fashioned talking :-)

That's why I am really happy at the prospect of a 3G Nexus 7 or, one better, a 4G Nexus 7 supporting the 1800MHz band that Everything Everyhwere will deploy shortly.

Guest chowdaryjhs

I still don't have my N7 as it has not been released in my country. Buzz is that it will arrive here (IN) in Oct.

I'll be curious to see if the 3G variant too is released only in a couple of nations or if my luck will favor me this time.

I am also lucky Mr.ufizo bcz I am from india too

Guest trueno2k

It's about time this is happening, I've been waiting for a 3G variation to be released!... I wait with anticipation for it's due released date lol :P Anyone hazard a guess to how much they will charge for the 3G version?... It would be nice if they bring out a 32GB variation as well!...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

lack of 3G is the only thing stopping me from buying this thing... still hesitating - my previous choice was Samsung Galaxy Tab P3100... but seeing how cheaper the nexus is, hmm. I guess I'll wait for a few more weeks to see if the 3G version is in the works or not.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.