G300 at local TESCO £80

Guest Dutch Rob

Guest Dutch Rob

Hi, sorry if this isn't appropriate to post (noob uncertainty)

My local Tesco (Dorchester) had the Voda G300 for £80, I don't know if that is in all stores or just local, but worth checking out I guess?

Rob

Guest Al_1604

LOL, at that price you worry about the colour Frankish?

AFAIK they're all still white/silver on Voda.

Buy a protective case and you can have any colour you like (and still have money left). :D

Guest Magnets

It's down to £65 if you spend £30 on shopping in-store also (I think all phones have £15 discount with £30 shopping). One person on HUKD reported getting the discount with only £15 of shopping, and apparently the phones will also count, so you can buy 2 phones together to get a single £15 discount.

Guest JohnnyMJ

It's down to £65 if you spend £30 on shopping in-store also (I think all phones have £15 discount with £30 shopping). One person on HUKD reported getting the discount with only £15 of shopping, and apparently the phones will also count, so you can buy 2 phones together to get a single £15 discount.

I bought this phone yesterday on this offer at Tesco Shirley. It was made better by the fact that Tesco have extended their Tesco voucher double-up trade in promotion until close today (4 September) meaning that any vouchers you have that add up to multiples of £5 can be doubled in value and spent in the phone shop.

I had £10 of vouchers which I doubled up at the Customer Services desk for a £20 'token', spent over £30 in-store on my weekly grocery shop, took the till receipt and the token to the phone desk and paid £45 for a new G300.

It's on charge at the moment but compared to my old San Francisco it looks like a lot of phone for £45 and from testing the sound with a media file it appears that my phone isn't troubled with the low speaker volume issue.

Guest droiddruid

Media files worked fine IIRC and the low sound issue was related more toward ringtone and notification sounds though I would be surprised if it was still running old firmware with this issue.

Nice bargain btw :)

Guest nsmacd1

I bought this phone yesterday on this offer at Tesco Shirley.

Any idea if they had many left, as I may pop down later on (I presume it's the Elmers End branch)

Guest Bimbleuk

Great bit of kit for the money. I used the points exchange to get one for £59 about a month a go.

I actually use it mainly for tracking my running/walking/cycling plus sat nav and gimmicky digital speedo in my car more than as a phone due to having a work supplied one anyway.

Guest jccrawfo

They're supposed to be locked to Vodaphone (though a few have been lucky and found them not to be locked) so check before you buy an unlock code.

Mine was locked but I've got another monthly contract on Vodafone so they agreed to unlock it for free. Worth a try.

Guest accyuklad

g300 does have low sound since i installed ics its now alot louder

got to admit battery life is alot better then standard gb that the g300 was on and this as very decent battery life then any other mobile i have used

i paid £6 to unlock my phone in 24hours i got the code

Edited by accyuklad

Guest b1ackb1rd

I bought a G300 from Tesco a week ago at £80, it was ok but suffered low ringtone and was full of Voda bloatware.

It cost a few quid on eBay to have it unlocked, and I have since upgraded to ICS via these pages.

The phone was bought to use abroad instead of my iPhone 4 ... However, It's SO good now I'm seriously considering selling the iPhone.

The difference between Gingerbread and ICS is frankly amazing. Thanks to all at Modaco

Guest Al_1604

@b1ackbird,

hope you get a really good price for your iPhone, then you can buy another G300 to keep as a 'backup' :D .

When I first got my G300 my daughter, who has a couple of friends with iThingies, said it was better than an iPhone or an iPad, only problem is she wants one now. Not so bad if my local store has them in stock fo £80 (or £95 with £30 of 'free beer'! ;) )

Edited by Al_1604

Guest Al_1604

I wouldn't personallly know the difference between an iPod, Iphone, iPad or iShite anyway - don't like overpriced stuff, that's why I'm currently prety much excusively on the G300 forums, it just occurred to me that 'iThingies' suited this over-hyped 'Oh look I've got one' type of rubbish.

If I had the money for an iPhone 4S I'd be straight down Tescos and buy a G300 and a LOT of beer, have a great time and still have change!!!

Each to their own though. ;)

Edited by Al_1604

Guest JohnnyMJ

Any idea if they had many left, as I may pop down later on (I presume it's the Elmers End branch)

Sorry, haven't been back to the site since I posted.

It's the Shirley branch next to Junction 4 of the M42; i don't know where Elmers End is.

And sorry, don't know if they have stock or not.

Guest nsmacd1

Sorry, haven't been back to the site since I posted.

It's the Shirley branch next to Junction 4 of the M42; i don't know where Elmers End is.

And sorry, don't know if they have stock or not.

Not Shirley, Croydon then! - Thanks for the reply anyway!