Devs Team

Guest thepasto

Guest thepasto

Hello guys,

Sorry for disappearing :)

Now i'm almost back, and i'm really happy to see liquid development went on without me too!! New great devs started to work with liquid. But for what i can see there's too much fragmentation, Many fixes are posted on topics and will be loose soon.

So if someone is interested we can collaborate all together. We have many resources to make it easy (github account, irc channel, goo.im account, twrp support ecc... ), and to have always only an updated tree to merge all the fixes you found.

Let me know :P

Guest Ainillia

Hello guys,

Sorry for disappearing :)

Now i'm almost back, and i'm really happy to see liquid development went on without me too!! New great devs started to work with liquid. But for what i can see there's too much fragmentation, Many fixes are posted on topics and will be loose soon.

So if someone is interested we can collaborate all together. We have many resources to make it easy (github account, irc channel, goo.im account, twrp support ecc... ), and to have always only an updated tree to merge all the fixes you found.

Let me know :P

Hey Thepasto,

I can confirm too, there are patches and fixes here and there, it begins to mess up.

A github and goo.im accounts would be the best choice, i think, but it's up to all devs to decide together.

Nice to see you again, master ! :P

Guest paulus4605

As I am only a newby in this matter I do agree that there are a lot of patches flying arround my ears when I read the posts here, which is very confusing for a noob like myself.

it would be very usefull in my opinion to create make a clear difference for the CM's that can be used for Liquid /liquid E /and make here a subdivision for the acer ferrari special edition (where you could indicate due to current problems it's not possible to get the battery indicators function the correct way)

I am willing to test any roms in order to check if I encounter problems which are specificly acer liquid ferrari related.

other then that the devs are doing a great job

Paul

Guest lupohirp

Count on me!!!:) at this moment i'm workin on cm9 on A1:

Patched kernel,updated genlock and kgsl to latest version (3.8) and i don't have freezes nor reboots but i must resolve first graphics glitchers (i'm not using your prebuilt copybit and hwcomposer)

I want to try also on cm10 this new kernel didn't tested yet 'cause of lack of time :)

Guest parvata

Hi lupohirp,

My suggestion would be to make cm9 as stable and as lag free as possible and then move on to cm10 later. I am not sure if cm10 would give us any added benefits. The main feature in JB VSYNC and triple buffering depend on kernel changes (mdp, kdsl) and I don't think we have that support in the kernel we are using. Of course we can get it to work by back porting but there will no one left to work on cm9 to make it comparable to LN 1.9.2 or CM7.2. We are only a couple of handful of devs. working when time permits. What do you think?

Guest lupohirp

GREAT!!

do you have switched colors? black alpha layer? or only glitches?

BTW intersted people could catch me on #acer-liquid channel on irc.freenode.net

black alpha layer ( it restored colors on tap screen and then black colors i want to try to port 2.6.38 mdp_ppp.c ) and black screen on bootanimation.

Hi lupohirp,

My suggestion would be to make cm9 as stable and as lag free as possible and then move on to cm10 later. I am not sure if cm10 would give us any added benefits. The main feature in JB VSYNC and triple buffering depend on kernel changes (mdp, kdsl) and I don't think we have that support in the kernel we are using. Of course we can get it to work by back porting but there will no one left to work on cm9 to make it comparable to LN 1.9.2 or CM7.2. We are only a couple of handful of devs. working when time permits. What do you think?

you're right. also vsync it is an hardware feature so forgot to get that. but it's not necessary. i've ported jellybean to p500 without these features and works great. Vsync also is rendered with gpu (hack of cyanogenmod) so not a problem

Guest NadeemK

As I am only a newby in this matter I do agree that there are a lot of patches flying arround my ears when I read the posts here, which is very confusing for a noob like myself.

it would be very usefull in my opinion to create make a clear difference for the CM's that can be used for Liquid /liquid E /and make here a subdivision for the acer ferrari special edition (where you could indicate due to current problems it's not possible to get the battery indicators function the correct way)

I am willing to test any roms in order to check if I encounter problems which are specificly acer liquid ferrari related.

other then that the devs are doing a great job

Paul

Hey, the fix for that is to flash the normal liquid E official firmware using the Acer Download Tool and then flashing a recovery

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't know where to put this so I put it here.

Last night i saw this feature on my friend's HTC Sensation, it's called sweep2wake, here is a video of it

I searched and found it's a kernel tweak, my question is can it be done to the Liquid?

I believe I found all the commits that make up the code for it in the "Bricked Kernel" on their github, I think it depends on the touchscreen but here it is if someone wants to try

I would try myself if i knew how

These are from the HTC One X Source but i found similar commits in the HTC Sensation "pyramid" source

the links are in this pastebin text file:

http://pastebin.com/Y7JZwfPX