Explained like you're 5: Install custom ROMs from scratch, install the official ICS update, root & more

F6zTU.png

After a few requests, I decided to make a few simple to read, easy to follow guides on installing custom ROMs, official ICS updates, rooting & more. They go into great detail and are written with everyone in mind, regardless of your computer or Android knowledge / skill. Even a 5 year could follow them! If you have any questions, spot a mistake or have a suggestion, let me know.

How to install a custom Jelly Bean / ICS ROM from scratch

How to install the official ICS update

How to root

Edited by Guest

Guest Malthus

This is really well done. I know there's a thread like this already on the forum, but this just takes it a bit further and breaks up the steps a little more as well as providing screenshots. It's very good.

You are 5 > You're 5.

don't buy memcards on ebay, may be fake.. try Amazon or Play etc for reasonably priced, fast, genuine cards. Sounds like I work for them?

Had quick skim of guide, looks good. Nice that you link here for ROMs rather than being too specific.

Edited by Smiff2

Unfortunately I couldn't get it to work for me, makes me feel quite stupid. Installed drivers, ran rooting .bat, but SuperUser never appeared in my app list - I checked with a terminal and it couldn't run SuperUser either. Any advice?

You are 5 > You're 5.

Can't believe I made that grammar mistake. I'm normally the one who corrects other people!

I tried on a Laptop Windows 7 x32, UnlockRoot, same error, failed :(

Stay away from Windows XP. Start the guide from scratch on the Windows 7 computer. It should work as long as you make sure to follow every instruction.