18 replies to this topic

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
Here's one I made earlier...
Got it on ebay from the far east for £2.75 delivered. It's for a Galaxy SII/III. So the USB connector is the wrong way round. I just opened it up, and flipped the conenctor round, and it worked fine. I then stupidly fiddled with it and broke the connector, so instead I just used an existing usb lead, broke the plastic off the connector, and located that inside instead. Works brilliantly and looks good too.

Attached File  IMG_20120913_154045.jpg   83.57KB   136 downloads

I'm saving up for a sofa so I can sit in the other room and tweak my phone without my wife nagging... thanks!

toge64

toge64

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Interests:Bargain android devices... (and high end ones too)
  • Devices:Nexus 4, Galaxy Tab 2
you got an ebay listing? thanks

Have: Nexus 4, Galaxy Tab 2, HP Touchpad
Sold: Orange OSF/ZTE Blade AMOLED, Huawei Ascend G300

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

you got an ebay listing? thanks

Certainly. http://www.ebay.co.u...9#ht_3691wt_952 Took 10 days.

Edited by TangerineTractor, 13 September 2012 - 08:40 PM.

I'm saving up for a sofa so I can sit in the other room and tweak my phone without my wife nagging... thanks!

FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Certainly. http://www.ebay.co.u...9#ht_3691wt_952 Took 10 days.

how easy was it to reverse the connector?

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
The bottom just prized out with a screwdriver. The connector was on a stiff ribbon cable under a clamp. I removed the clamp and twisted the cable over, then put the clamp back on. It all fitted fine, but unfortunately I couldnt resist fiddling, and my clumsy hands then caught the connector and pulled a couple of the soldered connections off... so I just got a spare micro usb extension cable I had (could have used a charger I guess), clicked off the housing around the micro usb connector, and positioned it through the opening, sending the wire under the clamp. It stayed in position just fine, although I guess you could add a drop of superglue if you wanted.
Not dissimilar to the car holder I made, supergluing the charger into position to just drop the phone onto...

Ascend

Ascend

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Devices:S3, Cubot GT99, G300
It is £2.39 now !

Huawei G300 ICS

Russ_uk

Russ_uk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300 & ZTE Crescent

The bottom just prized out with a screwdriver. The connector was on a stiff ribbon cable under a clamp. I removed the clamp and twisted the cable over, then put the clamp back on. It all fitted fine, but unfortunately I couldnt resist fiddling, and my clumsy hands then caught the connector and pulled a couple of the soldered connections off... so I just got a spare micro usb extension cable I had (could have used a charger I guess), clicked off the housing around the micro usb connector, and positioned it through the opening, sending the wire under the clamp. It stayed in position just fine, although I guess you could add a drop of superglue if you wanted.
Not dissimilar to the car holder I made, supergluing the charger into position to just drop the phone onto...

Thanks for the info, Just ordered one myself for £2.39. Will report back once received and set up correctly :)

"Water which is too pure has no fish" - Ts'ai Ken T'an

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
OK, a couple more photos then - the inner workings - this is the final version, so uses my replacement usb cable rather than the original... as you can see, it's just a standard micro usb that I've taken the housing off the connector and put in position. It stays firmly in place when the unit is reassembled (might need a bit of cardboard or plastic as a spacer underneath to keep it firm). Of course, if you manage to reutilise the existing connector, this wouldn't be necessary.
Second photo is of the phone on the stand. Obviously I couln't take the photo on the phone, so it's been taken on an iPhone, which explains the crap quality.
The base itself is a bit slidy on my desk, a problem resolved with a bit of blu-tack.

Attached Files

Edited by TangerineTractor, 14 September 2012 - 08:26 AM.

RussellS

RussellS

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Devices:Blade, Huawei G300, Jiayu G3
Just ordered one myself as well. Thanks for this.

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
SDC12057.JPG
This is my car holder, by the way... charger is superglued in between the adustable feet at the bottom, so the phone just drops in. It's this one, but you can probably get is somewhere else cheaper. Mine originally came as part of an O2 car kit. The key is the adjustable feet at the bottom that slide along, enabling you to "hold" the charger between them. I also span mine round, so the side pads are at the bottom, where they don;t impair access to the volume buttons. http://www.halfords....tegoryId_165452

Edited by TangerineTractor, 14 September 2012 - 12:10 PM.

deuse

deuse

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Devices:Cube Talk 5H

Just ordered one myself as well. Thanks for this.

Same here :)

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Same here

Rats! I should have bought half a dozen, converted them myself and knocked them out for a tenner each!

Edited by TangerineTractor, 14 September 2012 - 12:41 PM.

Russ_uk

Russ_uk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300 & ZTE Crescent

Rats! I should have bought half a dozen, converted them myself and knocked them out for a tenner each!

:P

...No reason why you still couldn't. I might even convert a few myself and put them back on eBay for 5-6 quid.

Thanks the the updated info and pics.

Edited by Russ_uk, 14 September 2012 - 08:52 PM.

"Water which is too pure has no fish" - Ts'ai Ken T'an

JRow

JRow

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Devices:Huawei g300

:P

...No reason why you still couldn't. I might even convert a few myself and put them back on eBay for 5-6 quid.

Thanks the the updated info and pics.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2c69ee9cff
you couldn't even be bothered to convert them or use your own photos :D

ChrisPNE

ChrisPNE

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Devices:Vowney V5, Huawei G300
  • Twitter:@ChrisPNE
Do these not put strain on the phone's port?

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Do these not put strain on the phone's port?

No, it's quite a tight fit at the back.
Thing is, you're used to stands with loads of empty unused space around them.... ;-)

grizzlyflea

grizzlyflea

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
That a nice launcher. What's it called?

ChrisPNE

ChrisPNE

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Devices:Vowney V5, Huawei G300
  • Twitter:@ChrisPNE

No, it's quite a tight fit at the back.
Thing is, you're used to stands with loads of empty unused space around them.... ;-)

Haha :)

And I won't argue with you - you'd know all about it being tight at the back. ;)

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Tech and Canoeing
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505
Thanks for the tip, It works really well :)

Hello. I have an S4 now, and I hardly ever use MoDaCo now. 

Therefore you will receive no replies to any PMs

Please post in the forum instead. You will get more help there :)

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Spoiler

My Device:

Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) - Sold!

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Black) - The LTE Version - GT-I9505

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Download Blink, a great app that controls the status LED on the G300!

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

(If not, Press it anyway!)

If I really helped you, you could also donate to me. Thanks!  :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users