Photo

[ROM][ICS] BASED ON THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 Custom Rom U8818 baseband 2030 ROM LINKS UPDATED

• Please log in to reply
521 replies to this topic

fillwatertank

fillwatertank

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
i totally had random reboots on 2.2 and 2.0 also. bruno's stuff was the most stable now (on my device)

timfimjim

timfimjim

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend g300, Nexus 7
What's brunos stuff?

fillwatertank

fillwatertank

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
#324 comment.

fmgc13

fmgc13

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Is this ROM only for U8818 or does it also work on U8815?

timfimjim

timfimjim

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
Also works for u8815. You'll need a Google apps zip too though (otherwise you won't have play store etc). Just Google 'Google apps ics' :)

fmgc13

fmgc13

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
I'm going to try to install this for the 3rd time... It never passes the Huawei logo (that now is a R2-D2 image I dont know why...)

timfimjim

timfimjim

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
You've got r2d2 cos you tried the b944 version. Same happened to me haha. There are ways of changing the splash screen back, but let's get you up and running first.

Wipe data/ factory reset, then wipe cache, then wipe dalvik cache, then reboot recovery. Flash the ROM zip (don't unzip the ROM just leave it how it was when you downloaded it). Now try reboot and see if it works. Give it plenty of time, it will take a while.

fmgc13

fmgc13

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Finally!!!! :D Let's see if this ROM is really that good

fmgc13

fmgc13

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Now every time that i go to the CWM and I do reboot it shows "ROM may flash stock recovery on boot. Fix?"

Why is this appearing?

fmgc13

fmgc13

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
When i slide the notification bar the wifi, 3g and other icons dont appear.. is there a way to put them there?

Northstandhero

Northstandhero

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
Is it safe to delete all of the chinese apps? and if so what's the best way, Rom Toolbox pro?

armin74

armin74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
]I've tried all versions of S3, and 7 versions of gapps, but I cannot resolve my problem: No images in google play (only videos appears. No screenshots, no icons). Also if i use browsers to go to play.google.com, i have no images.
I've tried "maple" rom, same situation.
If i flash any rom which includes google play app, I have images.

Anyone else got this?

Attached File  Screenshot_2012-10-28-23-44-00.png   146.46KB   29 downloadsAttached File  Screenshot_2012-10-28-23-43-38.png   49.67KB   27 downloadsAttached File  Screenshot_2012-10-28-23-43-28.png   115.27KB   26 downloads

Edited by armin74, 31 October 2012 - 07:39 AM.

bryfly

bryfly

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Devices:coolpad F1 8297w & redmi note2
Im running 2 phones, one with S3 and one with Maple, both phones do the same as your pics above , hasnt caused me a problem, like both Rom's, so i just ignore it....................

Coffer52

Coffer52

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Devices:Huawei g300, Jiayu g3

Is it safe to delete all of the chinese apps? and if so what's the best way, Rom Toolbox pro?

Yes, use apps in the setup directory for some, for the others any root file reader go to system/app and delete them.

dannchelu

dannchelu

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300
I have the same problem but only on Wi-fi, not on 3G with 2.1 version.

djalpha

djalpha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Galaxy Ace
I also had this problem, but I could solve it using AdAway, which improves the host file against ads. It also solved this problem for me:)

armin74

armin74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

I also had this problem, but I could solve it using AdAway, which improves the host file against ads. It also solved this problem for me:)

It's working, nice job ! Thanks :)

Colossae3.23

Colossae3.23

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Devices:Nokia Lumia 720

]I've tried all versions of S3, and 7 versions of gapps, but I cannot resolve my problem: No images in google play (only videos appears. No screenshots, no icons). Also if i use browsers to go to play.google.com, i have no images.
I've tried "maple" rom, same situation.
If i flash any rom which includes google play app, I have images.

Anyone else got this?

Attached File  Screenshot_2012-10-28-23-44-00.png   146.46KB   29 downloadsAttached File  Screenshot_2012-10-28-23-43-38.png   49.67KB   27 downloadsAttached File  Screenshot_2012-10-28-23-43-28.png   115.27KB   26 downloads

Yeah, this happens to me too. But, I've been using and upgrading the S3 rom for about a month now, and this is hasn't happened before. So, either the Play store is acting up, or its glick with this newest version (v.2.2) I'm tending to think its the Play Store, because its always the same gapps that I have loaded, whenever I've upgraded.

For some reason RomToolbox pro wouldn't delete these apps. I have heard that these chinese apps can be difficult to remove. What did work for me was AntTek App Manager (Root). You can get it from Play store. wrtease mentions this pages back, that this is what worked for him too.
The only chinese app I haven't removed is the Dolby app, you probably want that one :)
(its it has a yellow speaker, and a gear, in the icon)

bryfly

bryfly

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Devices:coolpad F1 8297w & redmi note2

Great fixed it on mine too, now just need a fix to make "bbc i player" work

armin74

armin74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
There's another thing to fix, on all ICS roms:

when use usb to copy files, ringtone, notification and alarm change back to default.

On GB wasn't such problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users