HSDPA:9 v's HSDPA:11

Guest feckineejit

Guest feckineejit

Hello i'm on infusion B04, Mobile network type HSDPA:9. Can anyone tell me the benefits of HSDPA:11 over HSDPA:9, And if it would be better to change to HSDPA:11, if so do i need to download B926. Also which one everyone is using?

My understanding of it is that HSPA:11 is faster but that said I don't think it is that much faster and it also greatly depends on your network. To be completely honest I don't think it really makes much difference unless you are constantly using mobile data.

I'm using the b926 baseband so have the HSPA:11 but if I was upgrading again I wouldn't be that bothered and would probably go straight to b934.

Edited by Cyda

I'm on hsdpa 11 on uk voda and find a significant speed increase however battery does suffer when connected but im ok with that. Also different roms have also affected this.

HSPA:11 differs from HSDPA:9 basically in having a faster upload speed (for most users this is really not too important at all).

AFAIK B926 is the only one supporting HSPA:11

Guest Davidoff59

The comment above is correct. Flashing zips will keep the baseband as it is but flashing the update.app will change it.

So full flash b926 update.app then cwm zip anything above b926 to retain high speed upload.