OFFICIAL ICS ENGLAND

Guest mattia107

Guest Colin Whiteside

So official ICS is here for the UK... but will there actually be an OTA update?

I'm guessing so. Tomorrow or Thursday I think, Huawei wouldn't have put it on their site unless it had passed their certification process.

I'm guessing so. Tomorrow or Thursday I think, Huawei wouldn't have put it on their site unless it had passed their certification process.

Thanks, my brother is on stock B892 and after the past few months of seeing ICS, on my phone, he really wants the update.

I mean, don't hold me to that! But I reckon it's a safe bet we're in the home straight if other Vodafone operators are releasing it.

Yeah I know no one can give a precise date.. I just wanted to know if they were going to release ICS OTA at all, or if users had to download from vodafone.

Guest droiddruid

Is it confirmed by Voda that this is indead the UK version, or did Huawei only meant that it is English (not England)?

From the file name "HUAWEI_Ascend_G300_firmware(U8815,Android_4.0ú¼V100R001C02B936,England-Vodafone,05011EFA)" I'd say its what Voda UK will push out via OTA

Guest FrankieADZ

Installing the update. SET BUTTHOLE TO RED ALERT.

its working fine for me atm, only problem i had was i couldnt download stuff from the browser....d/l firefox and seems to work now :)

Guest Jamie :)

its working fine for me atm, only problem i had was i couldnt download stuff from the browser....d/l firefox and seems to work now

I've started using Firefox on my phone as well! I really like it! Chome is so much better than it on the Nexus 7 though

/offtopic ;-)

Guest Colin Whiteside

Well put me in a dress and call me Shirley, it's even remembering my default storage location. 10/10 PRO TIER WOULD UPDATE FROM AGAIN

I'll advise on how well it runs on Friday.

Guest henrythedog

Anyone got another DL source other than the one on first page please? HAve tried 4 times now over the last 5 hours to download from Huawei.. first time seemed to be going great, had downloaded 300MB in about 5 mins... then went right down to about 15KB/s or so and finally it timed out at about 340MB... so only had 28MB to go and it stopped :( , so tried again a few times and tried doing it through flashgot to see if it would prevent the broswer time out from happening, but again no luck... and so on.

Anyway, so if I finally do get this up and running (have been waiting for this to hit, so still on 892 GB stock), would I then be able to just root the phone, put CWM on and flash a different ROM with baseband 2030 on without having to re-flash to stock etc?

Guest henrythedog

^^ by the above, I meant that if the stock 936 ICS doesn't give me all I wanted... hopefully that won't be the case, but from lurking for a while on here I have seen the problems others have faced in the past ;)

Oh, and thanks by the way for a great site and community... I will try to add to it hopefully and not just get what I want/need and move on.

Guest FrankieADZ

Well put me in a dress and call me Shirley, it's even remembering my default storage location. 10/10 PRO TIER WOULD UPDATE FROM AGAIN

I'll advise on how well it runs on Friday.

ok Shirley...tell us how u get on ;) lol