Photo

Two G300, big difference between cameras (low light conditions)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

melodystyle2003

melodystyle2003

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:U8815
I had degraded camera performance with omegamoon kernel.
With stock and with update-kernel-308G300_19.zip i use now camera is ok.
Why dont you try the 'update-kernel-308G300_19.zip' and you can revert it to stock (dont know which one the cm9 you have flashed is using) if nothing changes.

Maximus9

Maximus9

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid E2 Duo V370

dmesg is a linux command you run in a terminal to see kernel messages, so you can run it in any android rom.

I ran it in Terminal from ROM Toolbox Lite but don't know where the file is saved or if it is saved to a file or just displayed on screen

jsevi83

jsevi83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

I had degraded camera performance with omegamoon kernel.
With stock and with update-kernel-308G300_19.zip i use now camera is ok.
Why dont you try the 'update-kernel-308G300_19.zip' and you can revert it to stock (dont know which one the cm9 you have flashed is using) if nothing changes.

It was the same when I was using stock kernel in B944.

I ran it in Terminal from ROM Toolbox Lite but don't know where the file is saved or if it is saved to a file or just displayed on screen

The command output will only be displayed on the screen. If you want to save it to a file, you should run "dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg-output.txt"

Maximus9

Maximus9

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

The command output will only be displayed on the screen. If you want to save it to a file, you should run "dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg-output.txt"

Thanks, done that. Searched for "mt9p017" and the other sensor name, but NONE of them are present!
Could that mean there is a 3rd sensor ?

jsevi83

jsevi83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Thanks, done that. Searched for "mt9p017" and the other sensor name, but NONE of them are present!
Could that mean there is a 3rd sensor ?

I doubt it, but with this phone everything is possible. Did you run dmesg right after boot?

Maximus9

Maximus9

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

I doubt it, but with this phone everything is possible. Did you run dmesg right after boot?

Minutes after, but I searched for the words in the file, couldn't miss them. Any other keywords to look for before the sensor name?

jsevi83

jsevi83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Minutes after, but I searched for the words in the file, couldn't miss them. Any other keywords to look for before the sensor name?

You could try to search "sensors" or "camera". Anyway I suggest you to run dmesg right after boot. You can also upload the output so we can check it for you.

Maximus9

Maximus9

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

You could try to search "sensors" or "camera". Anyway I suggest you to run dmesg right after boot. You can also upload the output so we can check it for you.

I tried searching for "sensor", "sensors", "camera" and others I could think of, but no luck. I just imagined that anyone talking about this would know exactly what to look for.
I see no point in uploading since I tried those words already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users