Ascend g300 in tesco for £60

Guest wards5150

Guest wards5150

Hi all I was just in tesco and our phone was marked down to £60. I think they must want to get rid if their stock. At that price I might buy a spare. I am loving this phone even with the ics update(936 UK rom)

I checked the two big Tesco's stores in Northampton and Milton Keynes 2 days ago and none of them had any in stock.

Myself and a work colleague both purchased one from very.co.uk using the code 2AVKQ to get £30 off first orders. Despite all the negative feedback about very.co.uk both phones turned up next day

Edited by slysi

Guest wards5150

I got mine from very as well. Used the £30 off code too. Got it the next day. I even got a free unlock from vodafone as my wife is with them. I thought it was a bargain at £74 but to get one for £45(tesco over £50 shop) is unbelievable. Most people I work with want one but are struggling to find it in stock.

Guest Chazmeister

Checked both Tesco's in Gloucester and neither had any G300 models for sale as they've stopped selling it. So I guess the £60 ones are an end of line clear out.

Guest MrPuddington

Checked both Tesco's in Gloucester and neither had any G300 models for sale as they've stopped selling it. So I guess the £60 ones are an end of line clear out.

And the annoying thing is that our Tesco has been out of stock for at least a months, but they still put up a new sticker with the lower price (even though they did not have any at the point!). Illegal trade practices if you ask me - and another reason why I just do not trust Tesco.

Still, if you can find one, it is a bargain, and Tesco provides a much better service than Vodafone (although they will probably just refund if anything goes wrong).

Guest Al_1604

@pepdavies: first post and you taunt us so!

Anyway, welcome and I hope you find the forum as helpful as I have. :)

Did you get the £45 deal recently (how recently) and where?

Guest pepdavies

I got it in Chard, Somerset. Receipt says 21st September. They seemed to have a lot in stock. I've got the international ICS on it, rooted and unlocked bootloader, just working up the courage to try CM10. My Galaxy Mini died during a similar experiment lol

Guest Al_1604

I got it in Chard, Somerset.

Yokel country LOL! :D

I've got the international ICS on it, rooted and unlocked bootloader, just working up the courage to try CM10

Do have a look at Infusion too!

Guest pepdavies

I'm downloading Infusion but undecided. Still seems to have lots of bugs. I don't want to stay with the boring stock ROM but I want one that I can use reliably. And yes we are all yokels here. I chew straw and drive a tractor to the shops ;-)

Guest Al_1604

I used Infusion without encountering any bugs. I've reverted to stock GB for now (for my own reasons) and having a lot more bug issues, would definitely recommend Infusion for stable everyday use.

My suggestion would be to flash B927 (by dload method) for fastest HSPA then CWM and flash Infusion over that.