PA- At my wits' end: Inglorious EXT3 Woes D:

Guest JetKun

Basically, I just installed Paranoid Android, and my skate has an sd card inside with a 1024mb ext3 partition (for S2E)

On CM 7.2, which I was on before (by ceco), the partition worked well and it was recognised, etc.

On CM9 (PA), the partition is not mounted (adb shell mount shows no /sd-ext or /sd-ext2)

I have zero experience with things like this and I need that ext3 partition up and running so S2E can do its business...

who will be the superhero that helps me (lol?)

go to settings and active mount ext4 journaling, reboot phone and look s2e. Work?

It did not work; I used CWM to make the partition, and it's ext3 :/ (You did mean S2E>Boot Options> Mount sd-ext as ext4 w/out journaling right?)

Please: I beg the Modaconians to help :P

Edited by JetKun

I don't use s2e but just an idea. ;)

Install link2sd and let it create mount script choosing the type of partition. You will end up with script in /etc/init.d

Back it up, uninstall link2sd and put back file into init.d.

S2e shoul have it's own process of mounting sdext so so I would be surprise if it didn't ... Did you look into settings carefully?

Maybe S2E expects the sdext partition to be mounted in different location. Link2SD creates mount point under /data/sdext2

You could edit the init script that link2sd created and change mount point from /data/sdext2 to one that s2e requires.

I copied over and uninstalled link2sd's init.d and now mount shows no ext3 whatsoever and link2sd shows 'mount script error your SD card may not be able to support ext3 make a fat32'

S2e shows no next and adb shell mount shows no ext at all .i tried to recreate mount scripts too

Edited by JetKun

Try flashing this. Uninstall link2sd first if you have it installed.

No wipes needed.

http://ceco.sk.eu.or...dext-script.zip

If this doesn't mount your sd then there's something wrong with your card.

As far as I know S2E should mount sdext itself by installing init script in /data/local/userinit.d

Scripts in this directory are executed automatically on every bootby /system/etc/init.d/90userinit script.

Edited by C3C0

Try flashing this. Uninstall link2sd first if you have it installed.

No wipes needed.

http://ceco.sk.eu.or...dext-script.zip

If this doesn't mount your sd then there's something wrong with your card.

As far as I know S2E should mount sdext itself by installing init script in /data/local/userinit.d

Scripts in this directory are executed automatically on every bootby /system/etc/init.d/90userinit script.

SD card always mounts regardless of script or not,but the SD ext doesn't mount at all. Will reinstall paranoid when I get home.tried in another sd and result is the same too. SD mounts, sd ext not detected

90userinit contents - #!/system/bin/sh

# call userinit.sh and/or userinit.d/* scripts if present in /data/local

if [ -e /data/local/userinit.sh ];

then

log -p i -t userinit "Executing /data/local/userinit.sh";

logwrapper /system/bin/sh /data/local/userinit.sh;

setprop cm.userinit.active 1;

fi;

if [ -d /data/local/userinit.d ];

then

logwrapper busybox run-parts /data/local/userinit.d;

setprop cm.userinit.active 1;

fi;

Also there is a s2e_config folder in data/init/local which is empty

The installation package I posted earlier deals with sdext. I know that normal SD data partition is mounted without need for any script.

I would reformat SD in clockworkmod. What is your current partition layout?

First partition should be normal FAT one for dataand the second one should be extfs.

Edited by C3C0

The installation package I posted earlier deals with sdext. I know that normal SD data partition is mounted without need for any script.

I would reformat SD in clockworkmod. What is your current partition layout?

First partition should be normal FAT one for dataand the second one should be extfs.

OK, have booted paranoid again. Made a 29.7GB fresh FAT32 partition primary, second also primary 1.01GB EXT3 (In AOMEI Partition Manager, Windows), no paranoid reinstallation yet, have opened S2E and ext is still unrecognisable. Have partitioned a 2gb card and also tried with a 4gb card; same result occurs.

When you posted your reply I had a 29 GB fat32 and 1gb ext3 (which had somehow morphed into an ext4 at time of writing, v.strange) made in CWM

Am reinstalling paranoid with a fresh formatted brand new SD card of 32GB

To see what the problem was, see the images below

It was a failure.

Here are the steps I did:

1) Format SD card on windows, check for bad sectors. None found

2) Wipe everything in CWM on Android, (Data, cache, dalvik, etc)

3) Install PA zip, PA-hot hybrid update

4) Boot

5) Go back to CWM, install gapps

6) Go to play store, enter info, download Root Browser

7) Install S2E on SD card

8) Open S2E, grant permissions

9) No EXT available to be seen

Type EXT: CWM EXT3 with 32MB SWAP, fresh SD card no corruption

http://imgur.com/H0PD4,EWvZh,6wCOE

Y'know, if this doesn't work, is there a program that does? One that moves apps, app libs and dalvik to ext? If so, what steps do I need to fix this shizzle?

Edited by JetKun

OK, have booted paranoid again. Made a 29.7GB fresh FAT32 partition primary, second also primary 1.01GB EXT3 (In AOMEI Partition Manager, Windows), no paranoid reinstallation yet, have opened S2E and ext is still unrecognisable. Have partitioned a 2gb card and also tried with a 4gb card; same result occurs.

When you posted your reply I had a 29 GB fat32 and 1gb ext3 (which had somehow morphed into an ext4 at time of writing, v.strange) made in CWM

Am reinstalling paranoid with a fresh formatted brand new SD card of 32GB

To see what the problem was, see the images below

It was a failure.

Here are the steps I did:

1) Format SD card on windows, check for bad sectors. None found

2) Wipe everything in CWM on Android, (Data, cache, dalvik, etc)

3) Install PA zip, PA-hot hybrid update

4) Boot

5) Go back to CWM, install gapps

6) Go to play store, enter info, download Root Browser

7) Install S2E on SD card

8) Open S2E, grant permissions

9) No EXT available to be seen

Type EXT: CWM EXT3 with 32MB SWAP, fresh SD card no corruption

http://imgur.com/H0PD4,EWvZh,6wCOE

Y'know, if this doesn't work, is there a program that does? One that moves apps, app libs and dalvik to ext? If so, what steps do I need to fix this shizzle?

Dont waste your time with that crappy way of doing it, remove the mount scripts in init.d in your ROM and use this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1716124 its better more reliable and doesn't break widgets, CronMod-INT2EXT+ is the best version,