Can't boot Orange Monte Carlo - Help

Guest Alex-S

Help me MoDaCo, you're my only hope...

I've had my Monte Carlo for a few months, and never rooted/unlocked/etc it out of fear of accidentally bricking it.

Yesterday, it stopped booting past the Orange/fireworks start-up screen. I can get to the FTM screen, but nothing happens.

I've been trying the ZTE update tool, which doesn't get past the 'Scanning port' step.

And I don't seem to be able to access the SD card via USB.

I've been reading a lot of the rooting threads and FAQs on here, but I'm not sure if I can achieve anything without a USB connection... am I screwed?

Edited by Alex-S

Sorry, could someone point me in the direction of a thread for this problem?

All the solutions I've managed to find so far involve seem to involve accessing the mini-SD card via USB, which I cannot do, as computer doesn't recognise device.

Guest razzmataz1478
Sorry, could someone point me in the direction of a thread for this problem?

All the solutions I've managed to find so far involve seem to involve accessing the mini-SD card via USB, which I cannot do, as computer doesn't recognise device.

Search fast boot in Google and click on the cyanogen mod wiki. Download the fast boot drivers (they're somewhere around here, windows 7 should find them automatically). Download clockwork mod recovery.

When you got fastboot drivers sorted, with the phone plugged in to a computer on the green man, type:

fastboot devices [/ code]

If it comes up with something remotely like saying 'phone' or 'skate':

[code]fastboot flash recovery nameofclockworkmod.img

fastboot reboot

And hold down the volume- button after the last command. You should get into recovery. Now you can

1. Mount SD card

2. Factory reset your phone.