Phone running very slow/stuttery

Guest Saparasa

Guest Saparasa

Hi, I recently upgraded to B934 and all had been going fine for a few weeks but now the phone is constantly using up most of the available RAM. It runs slowly and stutters with simple things like having poweramp and dolphin browser open at the same time and will end up closing apps due to running out of RAM. I don't know why this is happening as i've cleared off all my unwanted apps and the phone is generally pretty clear of crap. Please help!

Guest Saparasa

Hmm what should I try then?

Oh another problem i've been having is where it says "SD card unexpectedly removed" and my SD card stops working for a while then comes back on later... im using a 32GB card.

Guest Saparasa

Right, so ive installed infusion and have been playing around for a while but whats with the huge RAM usage again! From powering on and leaving for a few minutes, 376 MB used and 11 MB free? O_o

Guest Cardie

To all the people saying 'try another rom' ive had about 6 on my phone and to be honest Gingerbread seems to be the best one for stuff like this. Used to be able to play Temple Run no probs with gingerbread but on ICS its awful, pretty much any ROM, seems to be okay in everything else. The lastest version of Infusion is deffinatly the best ICS ROM. Mines got 39mb of RAM free, quite low but not as bad as some that make the phone turn off every few hours!

Guest kyan31

I agree with Cardie. My friend just got his G300, which is running gingerbread and it runs silky smooth. Everything just opens instantly, hassle free. No slowdowns, nothing. On the other hand, ICS, no matter what ROM you try, Is always slow and laggy, and Is just a pain. Sometimes I just feel like throwing my phone at the wall! If we get HWA, ICS will be amazing, but there is a very low chance that will even happen.

Edited by kyan31

Guest popoyaya

Try CM10 (Jellybean). The UI is silky smooth due to Dazzozo's great work getting Project Butter running. This will show you a glimpse of what the G300 hardware is capable of with the right firmware driving it. Ram usage seems a lot better too, I always have at least 100MBs free no matter how many apps are open in the background. The only things holding it back at the moment are non-functioning camera and audio routing but Daz is working his magic on it as we speak and making great progress.

Edited by popoyaya

Sounds like your sd card might be dicky.

Get rid of stuff you don't use. Maps and Gmail syncing eat ram. Check other apps that use lots of resources and see if you can't trim that down.

Guest tillaz

Try CM10 (Jellybean). The UI is silky smooth due to Dazzozo's great work getting Project Butter running. This will show you a glimpse of what the G300 hardware is capable of with the right firmware driving it. Ram usage seems a lot better too, I always have at least 100MBs free no matter how many apps are open in the background. The only things holding it back at the moment are non-functioning camera and audio routing but Daz is working his magic on it as we speak and making great progress.

i don't get this i tried cm10, to see what the g300 is like with hardware acceleration working and the animations looked like they where in slow motion,

very very slow...

i was actually quite confused to be fair :huh: not laggy, but really slow (as if it was meant to be in slow motion)

this was what i tried 26082012-b3-cm10-u881x.zip

not sure what was going on, might have another look, see if it was a bad flash or something

Guest Davidoff59

Tillaz I think you took that up wrong, I take that comment as meaning your experience of the rom is not typical. As in its not the typical experience that others have of the rom. Please re-read in this context and it makes sense.

I would try new roms for a few hours before installing your usual apps. Some apps are very poor and cause problems in certain roms, you may be exeperiencing this problem with a certain app. Also do not use titanium to reinstall all your apps before trying the roms first as its not really a good thing to do fresh install apps is much better as titanium can introduce issues. I did have some real bad slowdown problems and realised that this happened right after installinng an led notification app, after uninstalling the app everythinng returned to normal.

IKB-03 o/c to 1229GHz with smartassV2 governor and its very fast, and very smooth.

Currently 150mb free RAM, not that that really matters if Android is doing its thing properly.

No issues with temple run at all.

Edited by noobi

Guest Cardie

IKB-03 o/c to 1229GHz with smartassV2 governor and its very fast, and very smooth.

Currently 150mb free RAM, not that that really matters if Android is doing its thing properly.

No issues with temple run at all.

Which ROM?

Guest Rattonboy

I used to have a similar problem where the UI would be laggy i found out that my cpu was overclocked to 1228 but the min was set to 122. then i changed it to 480 and is running silky smooth. oh im using the S3 ROM which i got a score of 3845 with antutu benchmarking app.