Rants about my new Galaxy Note 2

Guest JulyDerek

Guest JulyDerek

4x4 Grid icons on the Homescreen !!!! What rubbish !! My old Note had a 5x5 icon display. Why not here when the bottom grid has 5 icons !!

Is there any solution to make this into a 5x5 grid on the homescreen like the GN1 !?

Guest JulyDerek
Install another launcher!!!

Many custom roms and modded tw launchers to come..dnt worry bud

I know. But why did Samsung do such an idiotic thing?

The extra row has been removed because the previous screen was 1280x800 and the new screen resolution is 1280x720 however due to lack of pentile display this ensures they look roughly the same in terms of quality and clarity

Guest JulyDerek
The extra row has been removed because the previous screen was 1280x800 and the new screen resolution is 1280x720 however due to lack of pentile display this ensures they look roughly the same in terms of quality and clarity

They have reduced one column too. From 5 to 4. In the bottom row they have 5 icons.

It's the question of managing the real estate better on a huge screen.

Guest ithehappy

What I'm finding is that the screen is MUCH MUCH less vibrant when it's on Auto Brightness, it looks very muddied. Tbh, even when I turn it off I don't get the sharpness/vibrant look as I used to get on my SII.

I don't know but I feel a 1920x1080 display would be perfect rather than 720p.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest thedicemaster

not entirely true.

the ppi is higher on the s3, but the note 2 has more sppi.

the subpixel layout makes the note 2 screen look a little sharper than the s3 screen(to my eyes at least)

on the s3 i can see a grid of what appears to be tiny diamond shapes when i look at it from about 10-20cm

the note 2 has a grid of squares(like most screens) but i can only see it at about 5cm distance.