• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,641 posts
Wow well I'm impressed. They actually managed to fix the ARM translation engine then :D

sbenrap

sbenrap

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Yes, Temple Run: Brave was always available. I downloaded it on my GB equipped SD. That said I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

So I understand you can simply see the Gameloft games and the original Temple Run on the Google Play store by a simple search?
I guess this is some kind of region (network provider?) block of some sort... infuriating

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
  • Devices:OSD

Wow well I'm impressed. They actually managed to fix the ARM translation engine then :D

Sure looks like it, I am amazed at how many Arm apps work now, this was one of the main draw backs of this device, the other of course being root obviously lol.

Edit: anyone not seeing apps, try wiping market app data and rebooting, those apps mentioned are available now for this device, all are downloaded and played fine on my device.

Edited by jikobutsu, 07 October 2012 - 08:59 AM.

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego, OSF

Sure looks like it, I am amazed at how many Arm apps work now, this was one of the main draw backs of this device, the other of course being root obviously lol.

Edit: anyone not seeing apps, try wiping market app data and rebooting, those apps mentioned are available now for this device, all are downloaded and played fine on my device.

Good advice.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Matthew 23:12

sbenrap

sbenrap

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Good advice.

Wiped and uninstalled whatever I could find with "Google Play" on it and rebooted, no dice, Temple Run is not available to me :(
When I browse Google Play website on my desktop computer it is also claimed as incompatible...

EDIT: SCRATCH THAT! I did a refresh on the page and now it's available :), installed and plays great. WOOOO :)
EDIT2: Asphalt 6 still not available, but at least 7 is there (good sign for other Gameloft games? I know Asphalt 6 was demoed on the Intel reference design, you can see it clearly on YouTube)

Edited by sbenrap, 07 October 2012 - 09:29 AM.

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
If you want asphalt 6 you could of got it through stock browser by going to wap gameloft site which sees your phone as intel and provides the x86 version, not sure if it still works after ICS upgrade.

Edited by jikobutsu, 07 October 2012 - 09:43 AM.

sbenrap

sbenrap

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

If you want asphalt 6 you could of got it through stock browser by going to wap gameloft site which sees your phone as intel and provides the x86 version, not sure if it still works after ICS upgrade.

Could you provide me with a link or pointer as to what is the wap gameloft site (I get the standard desktop version when going to Gameloft using Chrome). I purchased Asphalt 6 through Google Play (back when I was using Nexus S) so not sure how that would work exactly (do I need to re-buy directly from Gameloft?)

EDIT: I think I cannot access the WAP site as I am not a resident of the UK

Edited by sbenrap, 07 October 2012 - 10:00 AM.

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
Just tried it and it does not work, the device is not recognized since ICS update, if you are gingerbread it shows you the intel games. To be honest Asphalt 6 is rubbish, Asphalt 7 is better, alot more detail. They still have not fixed the draw distance issue though, very annoying seeing the graphics forming in the distance.

sbenrap

sbenrap

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Asphalt 5 Free seems to install and play fine as well. I haven't really played Asphalt 6, I bought it in one of those Android sales Google did for a ridiculous price...

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
Hmm, ICS has killed https://play.google....XJ3aWRnZXQiXQ.., :( I've always used that. Anyone know of a similar app? I'm using https://play.google....mNhbGVuZGFyIl0. for now.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
Killed......in what way ? It shows as compatible, and i just downloaded it and seems to work ok?

edit: ok i think i see.....the widget works but cannot add event to it, is that what you mean ?

Edited by jikobutsu, 09 October 2012 - 04:28 PM.

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Killed......in what way ? It shows as compatible, and i just downloaded it and seems to work ok?

edit: ok i think i see.....the widget works but cannot add event to it, is that what you mean ?

It's just an empty widget and doesn't display any events at all.

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

It's just an empty widget and doesn't display any events at all.

Yeah that is how it is for me, it opens calendar but does not select an event. Some apps have problems with ICS.

If it is an app you use, maybe you should email the dev.

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Yeah that is how it is for me, it opens calendar but does not select an event. Some apps have problems with ICS.

Yeah, done it. They have a Pro version now which I'll buy if it works or gets updated. I've never found a calendar app that suits my needs so well, the others just don't come close for me.

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Well that was a quick reply from the dev. Only the Pro version(has a lot more options) works with ICS so I've grabbed it. Happy again :)

schkinx

schkinx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Devices:xolo x900 .. Nexus 7 cm10
just did the ics update and no asphalt games showing in google play :(

i am not a hacker

i am not a hacker

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade and Orange San Diego
Asphalt 7 is there for me

Nexus 10
Orange San Diego

vermat17

vermat17

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4, OSF
Tried wiping market app data and rebooting as jikobutsu suggested??

schkinx

schkinx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Devices:xolo x900 .. Nexus 7 cm10

Tried wiping market app data and rebooting as jikobutsu suggested??

Thanks Vermat , it worked :)

vermat17

vermat17

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4, OSF
Don't thank me, thank jikobutsu lol ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users