ICS App Compatibility Improved!

If you want asphalt 6 you could of got it through stock browser by going to wap gameloft site which sees your phone as intel and provides the x86 version, not sure if it still works after ICS upgrade.

Edited by Guest

Guest sbenrap

If you want asphalt 6 you could of got it through stock browser by going to wap gameloft site which sees your phone as intel and provides the x86 version, not sure if it still works after ICS upgrade.

Could you provide me with a link or pointer as to what is the wap gameloft site (I get the standard desktop version when going to Gameloft using Chrome). I purchased Asphalt 6 through Google Play (back when I was using Nexus S) so not sure how that would work exactly (do I need to re-buy directly from Gameloft?)

EDIT: I think I cannot access the WAP site as I am not a resident of the UK

Edited by sbenrap

Just tried it and it does not work, the device is not recognized since ICS update, if you are gingerbread it shows you the intel games. To be honest Asphalt 6 is rubbish, Asphalt 7 is better, alot more detail. They still have not fixed the draw distance issue though, very annoying seeing the graphics forming in the distance.

Guest sbenrap

Asphalt 5 Free seems to install and play fine as well. I haven't really played Asphalt 6, I bought it in one of those Android sales Google did for a ridiculous price...

Guest BlueMoonRising

Killed......in what way ? It shows as compatible, and i just downloaded it and seems to work ok?

edit: ok i think i see.....the widget works but cannot add event to it, is that what you mean ?

Edited by Guest

Guest BlueMoonRising

Killed......in what way ? It shows as compatible, and i just downloaded it and seems to work ok?

edit: ok i think i see.....the widget works but cannot add event to it, is that what you mean ?

It's just an empty widget and doesn't display any events at all.

It's just an empty widget and doesn't display any events at all.

Yeah that is how it is for me, it opens calendar but does not select an event. Some apps have problems with ICS.

If it is an app you use, maybe you should email the dev.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Yeah that is how it is for me, it opens calendar but does not select an event. Some apps have problems with ICS.

Yeah, done it. They have a Pro version now which I'll buy if it works or gets updated. I've never found a calendar app that suits my needs so well, the others just don't come close for me.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Well that was a quick reply from the dev. Only the Pro version(has a lot more options) works with ICS so I've grabbed it. Happy again :)

Guest sbenrap

If you take out the Gameloft back catalog, 95% of my games are compatible (from around 50).

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of pointing out to the Humble guys that Osmos HD in the Humble Android Bundle does not work with Xolo, and the Google Play version does... the response from Apportable (who I assume helps the devs port their IOS apps to Android?) was to remove Osmos HD from the Google Play store for Xolo users... which struck me by surprise (you can check my twitter to see how that played out).

If indeed they fix the games, only "They Need To Be Fed" will be in a non-working state (YoYo games requested I submit a bug, so I will).

Guest Simon O

This is sort of app related but I just wanted to check some things.

Asphalt 7 - how is performance in this game on ICS? Any slowdown?

Fruit Ninja.. yeah it's old but does the phone register the swipes correctly?

The phone has NFC I believe.. has anybody tried to install Google Wallet on here or any other payment app that uses NFC like Quick Tap?

And finally.. does the phone have the TV-Screen screen off animation on ICS? :P

Oh wait one more. Are there ANY games that do perform badly on the phone running ICS? Slowdown etc.

Asphalt 7 no slow downs, performs well. Although the draw distance is seen a little, which I believe may be down to the game itself. When I say a little, I mean you can see in the distance slightly the graphics forming if that makes sense, but no lags etc.

Fruit ninja plays very well on osd much better than on my g300, every swipe registered clearly.

Not tried NFC so cannot comment,

No tv animations :( Yeah I love those too.

I have not found any games that lag at all on ics, obviously if I did find one it would be due to incompatibility as the device can play every game I have thrown at it.

Edited by Guest

Yeah I know, paul and ricky tried that.

Well its good to know your getting one too, could do with a few devs round here :D maybe some flb custom rom if bootloader cracked ?

edit: oh forgot, ducati challenge does not work, says compatible, however, the menus are all messed up, wrong way round it appears.

Edited by Guest

Guest Simon O

Yeah I know, paul and ricky tried that.

Well its good to know your getting one too, could do with a few devs round here :D maybe some flb custom rom if bootloader cracked ?

Early days. And if we get the boot loader bypassed then certainly will be some custom ROMs for sure.