Recommended Overclock Frequency?

Guest PandaThing

Guest Cardie

Thats what I use, smartassv2 and Vr tweak, gets a bit warm at the back when im doing a lot of stuff on it but no reboot,s though the next one up will crash when on iPlayer for instance.

Guest PandaThing

Hmm, yeah, im using 1.228 right now, and its noticeably quicker than 1 GHz, but it does get a little warmer at the back. Now i just have to decide whether I'm OK with that.

Guest holtend

Also is there any disadvantage to setting the minimum as low as possible?

Yes I think that the minimum has to be high enough to wake the phone up quickly if you get a call, at least that's what I've been led to believe.

You can change the governor too.

Performance will always run the CPU at the upper limit

Powersave will run always at the lowest, and others in between those extremes

I think the info above is.right, but I'm far from knowledgeable about these things :)

I've left mine as ondemand, raised the minimum up a notch and changed the scheduler to sio. I haven't gone as high on the upper end, just raised it to 1.115 I think, off top of my head

Guest jsevi83

I installed GenoKolar kernel and set the minimum to 122 Mhz. When I get a call the screen takes just a little longer to wake up, but it's definately less than a second, so it works for me. I use smartassV2 with noop, and left the maximum at 1,008 Ghz.

Are there any differences between GenoKolar and Omegamoon kernels? Is smartassV2 better for battery life than ondemand or interactive?

Guest jsevi83

Its recommended not to overclock, better change ur governers.. set min frequency to 480 mhz.. Ur good to go..

Why do you recommend min freq at 480 Mhz? I think the default minimum is 320. What are the dissadvantages of lowering the min freq to 245 or 122?

Guest carrthee89

frequencies from 122 to 480 mhz uses same voltage... also lower frequencies need more time for completing a process, increasing frequencies will finish the process soon thus saving battery life(Without affecting performance)..