Data Plans for the San Diego

Guest Chris_04

Guest Chris_04

Been following the forum for a while and now that the ICS update has been released i would like to upgrade from a ZTE Blade to the San Diego. Was just wondering what plans people are on i have got used to the unlimited data plans using Giffgaff on an unlocked Blade. The plans from Orange dont seem to give as good value, is it 3 months of an active Orange sim before the phone can be locked?

Guest Ribs85

Three months is correct.

I'm still in contract from my blade, so I simply cut down my sim (a bit scary) and popped that in. When my contract expires, I'm hoping to jump ship to GiffGaff... I'm hoping Orange see my actual phone being used on their network as enough, and don't expect the sim in the box to be used, as I haven't touched it yet!

Guest BlueMoonRising

I'm on payg, at the moment you get 250MB free data per month for a year on the OSD.

Edit :- It's unlimited data download for 12 months but with a 250MB fair usage policy.

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest mclassplanet

There's also the T-Mobile Pay as you go microSIM which should be usable in the San Diego without unlocking; this is advertised as having 12 months' free internet available - I think it's 1GB/month plus unlimited web browsing - the free internet offer is (strictly speaking) only for the iPhone 4 and 4S (why this is the case isn't exactly disclosed), but I don't know whether they're just trying to deter/prevent people from using the SIM in an iPad.

Edited by mclassplanet

Guest BlueMoonRising

There's also the T-Mobile Pay as you go microSIM which should be usable in the San Diego without unlocking; this is advertised as having 12 months' free internet available - I think it's 1GB/month plus unlimited web browsing - the free internet offer is (strictly speaking) only for the iPhone 4 and 4S (why this is the case isn't exactly disclosed), but I don't know whether they're just trying to deter/prevent people from using the SIM in an iPad.

The Orange offer is similar (sort of, they are the same company now anyway). It's unlimited data download for 12 months but with a 250MB fair usage policy, I dare say the T-Mobile offer will have it in T&Cs somewhere.

Both T-Mobile and Virgin(I believe) are usable.

Interestingly if you call up CS from your OSD you get put through to the iPhone section regardless of which options or number you may choose. It's a setting to do with the micro sim apparently. Even my local Orange shop couldn't get around this, it was amusing to watch her get frustrated :)

Guest vermat17

There's a pretty decent virgin sim only deal for £7 a month which gives you 125 mins (150 if you're with virgin broadband/TV), unlimited texts, and 500mb of data...

Seeing as you can only use orange, tmobile and virgin, I think it's the best option atm...

Guest BlueMoonRising

There's a pretty decent virgin sim only deal for £7 a month which gives you 125 mins (150 if you're with virgin broadband/TV), unlimited texts, and 500mb of data...

Seeing as you can only use orange, tmobile and virgin, I think it's the best option atm...

That's pretty damn impressive actually. Can someone remind me why people pay upto £60 a month for an iPhone ;)

Guest vermat17

A £185 OSD (including £15 top up), plus £7 a month for 24 months, works out to around £14.71 a month.

That's amazing value imo, and the OSD is certainly equal to an iPhone, which as you say, people are paying up to 4 times more to get :P

Guest punjabi

Well not just yet.........

I'd say it will become a good as an I phone once we have the Jelly Beans update on this thing!

Then I'll go around and make my friends really jealous!!!

I own an iphone a day am always comparing to the OSD so stay tuned!

Guest i am not a hacker

well I got unlimited Internet, 100 mins, 100 texts and a flexible booster (I chose unlimited texts):

100 mins

Unlim Texts

Unlim Internet

With a Sony Xperia U free for £10 a month.

I sold the Xperia for £145 and chipped in £45 and got an OSD. So the SIM Works and I get Unlimited Internet!

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

A £185 OSD (including £15 top up), plus £7 a month for 24 months, works out to around £14.71 a month.

That's amazing value imo, and the OSD is certainly equal to an iPhone, which as you say, people are paying up to 4 times more to get

There is also £30 cashback via Quidco, taking the cost of the handset down further. They actually paid mine out in just a few days too.

Guest punjabi

well I got unlimited Internet, 100 mins, 100 texts and a flexible booster (I chose unlimited texts):

100 mins

Unlim Texts

Unlim Internet

With a Sony Xperia U free for £10 a month.

I sold the Xperia for £145 and chipped in £45 and got an OSD. So the SIM Works and I get Unlimited Internet!

Where was that from then. Give us the link...?

Guest punjuk12

Hey looking at the orange website just now i noticed this page:

https://kareena.orange.co.uk/numberlookup/go/lookUp?wt.mc_id=OFF_OUK_V_u24&wt.tsrc=Vanity?WT.mc_id=ON_OUK_P_ce_pane1_slot1_item1&WT.tsrc=Portal

so if you topup by £15 a month (or are on a contract) you get 1GB of data free + calls and texts to other EE customers. you have to be under 24 apparently but what does this do to the viability of using the orange network?

Guest i am not a hacker

...under 24... more years ago than I care to remember!

wow, 61 and still up to date with current technology. I don't know of many people like that

Guest Simon O

If your phone is locked - which most will be - only options you have are T-Mobile, Orange or Virgin Media.

For PAYG you have a few good options. Both Orange & T-Mobile do special microSIM offers where you get 250MB of data each month for a year as long as you top up £10 when you get the SIM card. You can transfer a number to this.

The phone needs a microSIM so for Orange and T-Mobile you are stuck with this deal unless you get the SIM cut down somewhere. Also Virgin media currently do not provide microSIMs for customers unless you buy a phone, but places like Carphone Warehouse can cut them down for you for £1

Guest geoff1951

...under 24... more years ago than I care to remember!

Thanks Diehard, username a bit of a giveaway, but birthday not until the end of December, so still over two months short of 61! TBH, most of the contents of these posts passes me by, but give me a clear set of instructions to follow and I'm your man. And I love your profile picture. (Sorry Mods, somewhat off topic.)

Guest geoff1951

:blush: ... noobs, eh?

I spend a lot of time on another forum and am just so used to the layout there. Of course, I see it now. And I was tired. Excuses, excuses.