106 replies to this topic

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Devices:huawei
i just tried booting into cmw and it just just boots up as normal, i tried holding the vol button and power and nothing happens

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
have you installed cwm as described in the other threads?

then remove your battery, count to ten, and put it back in. hold volume up and keep it pressed. press power until it vibrates then let go, keeping volume up held down.

Edited by TangerineTractor, 11 October 2012 - 03:31 PM.

I'm saving up for a sofa so I can sit in the other room and tweak my phone without my wife nagging... thanks!

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
i have it installed but im sure previouly i installed easy installer to install it over b940 and did have to remove battery i also have rom manger.

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
just tried it taking the battery out it worked, but im sure last time it did without taking the battery out.

bladebuddy

bladebuddy

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:All things outdoors , family and phone
  • Devices:zte blade + Huawei Ascend G300

just tried it taking the battery out it worked, but im sure last time it did without taking the battery out.

Try to disable fastboot settings next time then you will not need to pull the battery.

Biohazard

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

have you installed cwm as described in the other threads?

then remove your battery, count to ten, and put it back in. hold volume up and keep it pressed. press power until it vibrates then let go, keeping volume up held down.

i put nova on but it seems i have got 2 launchers , stock and nova, how do just keep nova over the top but use my old settings

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
you'll always have two launchers. just hit the home button and set one as default. the only other alternative is too use something like Rom Toolbox to delete the unwanted launcher.

I'm saving up for a sofa so I can sit in the other room and tweak my phone without my wife nagging... thanks!

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

you'll always have two launchers. just hit the home button and set one as default. the only other alternative is too use something like Rom Toolbox to delete the unwanted launcher.

how much ram free are you getting, mine after boot say 160free 220used, it that normal?

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
with all my apps running I get 270 used 110 free, but it really doesn't matter. unused ram is wasted ram .

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

with all my apps running I get 270 used 110 free, but it really doesn't matter. unused ram is wasted ram .

so i guess it's normal then , its just some users where saying they get more ram with this rom.

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
does the phone run well? I don't get the hang up with ram use. there's no point in having loads of unused ram, better for more of it to be used and the phone running more smoothly. I've noticed on this Rom that more apps seem to stay running so switching is quicker, for example between mail, opera and plume.

I'm no android developer or expert.. I'm an it professional, and an just passing on my observations and experiences.

Edited by TangerineTractor, 12 October 2012 - 09:23 AM.

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

does the phone run well? I don't get the hang up with ram use. there's no point in having loads of unused ram, better for more of it to be used and the phone running more smoothly. I've noticed on this Rom that more apps seem to stay running so switching is quicker, for example between mail, opera and plume.

I'm no android developer or expert.. I'm an it professional, and an just passing on my observations and experiences.

seems to be running fine ta. how are finding the rom and battery usage.

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
very fast. very stable. in fact, I'm amazed at how fast this is compared to other roms. it is noticeably faster... no issues with battery so far in normal use.

Edited by TangerineTractor, 12 October 2012 - 10:12 AM.

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

very fast. very stable. in fact, I'm amazed at how fast this is compared to other roms. it is noticeably faster... no issues with battery so far in normal use.

it does seem faster,. on b940 i noticed alot of battery drain when using 3g.

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
I'm on Wi-Fi at home and work, and sit the phone in a charger holder in the car, so I won't really see 3g battery usage until the next football match I go to, which is when it gets most use.

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

I'm on Wi-Fi at home and work, and sit the phone in a charger holder in the car, so I won't really see 3g battery usage until the next football match I go to, which is when it gets most use.

how do you move apps to sd card, i could in b940

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
just figured it out, you have to set sd card as defult storage then you have the option to move to sd card but i can't remember doing this on old version.

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
stock rom's default to internal.
actually I wonder if performance improves its you leave the apps internal? otherwise you just waste 2 gb of internal space...

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
i dont want to cram the internal system, i have ordered a 8gb sd card once i get that i will store everything on that insted.

SL_The_Hedgehog

SL_The_Hedgehog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Cannot find stock Huawei Weather widget. Is it included in some theme?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users