Android 4.1.2 factory images now available for Galaxy Nexus / Nexus 7

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Bored of waiting for your OTA update? Google has now made Android 4.1.2 factory images available for download for the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7.

The images as supplied with a flashing script, but be aware that flashing will wipe your device unless you manually flash the various images leaving out the userdata partition.

What are you waiting for? Head on over to the download page. :) MoDaCo Custom ROMs based on the new release will be online shortly.

Click here to view the item

Guest T39andcounting

Think I'll wait until the OTA to put it on my Galaxy Nexus. Can't see a definitive list of which changes this brings to the Galaxy Nexus, is there one anywhere? I'm hoping it brings home screen rotation to the phone as well as the Nexus 7!

Guest Chris Jenx

I would hope it would seen as the GalNex already has landscape mode for the homescreen but only works in the car dock :S - not sure why its not available by default.

Guest Chris Jenx

I did see this tho "Factory Images "takju" for Galaxy Nexus "maguro" (GSM/HSPA+) (with Google Wallet)"

Does this mean we may finally see official GWallet support in the UK?

Guest T39andcounting

Does this mean we may finally see official GWallet support in the UK?

Doubt it... my Galaxy Nexus already has the magazines app, but there's no Google Magazines in the UK. Suspect that as it's the Nexus they have one central image with all the apps. They just don't work if you're outside of the US.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.