good navigation app

Guest yaqh

Guest TangerineTractor

Tom Tom has the best routing and is easiest to use. navigon has some nice features like lane guidance and speed cameras without extra subscription. both download maps automatically, navigon are about 400 mbps, TomTom are a couple of gb.

I used to me a TomTom devote on wm 6, but I think I prefer navigon on android, it just feels more modern.

there's a site worth looking at I'm not going to name it but it's similar to weatherunderground but about GPS, if you get my hint...

Edited by TangerineTractor

Tom Tom has the best routing and is easiest to use. navigon has some nice features like lane guidance and speed cameras without extra subscription. both download maps automatically, navigon are about 400 mbps, TomTom are a couple of gb.

I used to me a TomTom devote on wm 6, but I think I prefer navigon on android, it just feels more modern.

there's a site worth looking at I'm not going to name it but it's similar to weatherunderground but about GPS, if you get my hint...

i have downloaded the programme but it says you need to connect to pc to get the maps, how do you set it up?

Guest TangerineTractor

i have downloaded the programme but it says you need to connect to pc to get the maps, how do you set it up?

My "copies" (ahem) of Navigon and TomTom both required wifi to download the maps. I think they also have the option to download onto a pc and transfer, but the wifi option is by far the simplest. Takes about an hour for tomtom though, so make sure you have your phone charger!

Edited by TangerineTractor

Tried sygic out yesterday, it looks nice but a bit simplistic. Whereas iGO Primo 2 has more info on screen and more detail regarding journey it may not look as good but i find it easier to read when driving.

Screenshot_2012-10-18-16-24-36.png

Guest alexslane

My "copies" (ahem) of Navigon and TomTom both required wifi to download the maps. I think they also have the option to download onto a pc and transfer, but the wifi option is by far the simplest. Takes about an hour for tomtom though, so make sure you have your phone charger!

Does anyone know how to tom tom to work as I have installed but keeps saying "failed to connect".

Help a good man out guys!

Guest Rico_89

Tried sygic out yesterday, it looks nice but a bit simplistic. Whereas iGO Primo 2 has more info on screen and more detail regarding journey it may not look as good but i find it easier to read when driving.

That looks good I might have to try it out.. One thing I like about Sygic, is that it calls out street names; just wondering if iGO Primo 2 does that and does it display and alarm when approaching speed cameras?

Thanks.

Guest Hoggonator

Navigon installs for me (On external SD), then goes into Map Manager OK and starts a 555MB DL, tells me there is not enough space and shall it install to a location that had enough, completes then asks for specific maps and I select UK and starts OK.

Trouble is next time I start the App it goes straight back to map manager??? if I quit this it will not start the app.

Any ideas?

ETA: Sorted this now

Edited by Hoggonator