So here's a tool to help.
This tool takes a list of apps and creates you an update zip (for flashing via clockworkmod) with a modified framework APK that enables your chosen apps for multi window support.
Important points to note...
- This tool is ONLY tested on the LJ1 release, I STRONGLY recommend you don't use the resulting zip on any other ROM versions.
- Backup before flashing the update zip. No really! Or at LEAST backup the framework-res.apk.
- If you don't want to use clockworkmod you can extract the framework-res.apk and push it via ADB. Make sure to set the permissions to 0644 or your device won't boot.
- Be very careful to ensure that your entries in the tool are correctly formed or again you could end up with a non-booting device.
- Use this tool at your own risk!
Simply, you need to enter <item> </item> tags with the 'package names' of your chosen apps in the textbox. Package names are best found on the web Play Store by looking at the URL. Here's some examples for you.
Plume on the web Play Store is at play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.levelup.touiteur - therefore the package name is com.levelup.touiteur and you should use the entry <item>com.levelup.touiteur</item>.
TVCatchup on the web Play Store is at play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gzero.tv - therefore the package name is com.gzero.tv and you should use the entry <item>com.gzero.tv</item>.
Simple eh? Just put in the ones you need, hit the button and download your update zip.
One final thing... this service is provided free. If you want to support my work, help provide the server environment for things like this to run on and get cool access to all the other MoDaCo stuff now and going forward, please consider signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus subscription. Thanks for your support.
The tool can be found in this post in the Note 2 forum.
Click here to view the item