Google Android Event Announced - Monday 29th October

Guest Zarch1972

Guest Zarch1972

Google announce an Android event in New York on Monday 29th October at 10AM EST (3PM GMT), we wonder what they have planned?

Announcement's these days don't appear to have the secrecy they once did and this one appears no different.

I think we all get the gist of it, but what will the specifics be?

• The Nexus 4 (Just the LG unit or other manufacturers?)
  • The LG Nexus 4 with more than 8gb (it really really has to doesn't it?)
  • New version of Jellybean?
  • Google Music in the UK (okay, i'm stretching things now)
  • Google Music to get a matching service ala Apple & Amazon?
  • $99 Nexus Tablet? (can't see it, can you?)
  • 32gb Nexus 7? (This is seems nailed on)
  • 3G Nexus 7?

Anything you'd like Google to announce on October 29th?

You can follow the event live here on YouTube: YouTube Android

18-Oct-2012_google-playground.jpg

Click here to view the item

Guest todoleo

I would love the "And one more thing..." announcement to be as follows: Andy Rubin (Head of Android at Google), Larry Page (Google CEO) and Meg Whitman (HP CEO) get on stage and tell us that HP will be using Android for their next generation tablets and smartphones.

They will then explain that open sourcing WebOS was to make some features and components available to Android. Matias Duarte (Director of Android operating system User Experience) then gets on stage and shows everyone a Palm Pre 2 running Android Key Lime Pie (4.2).

I had better stop daydreaming and get back to work...

Guest PaulOBrien

My thoughts are that we'll see...

• The Nexus 4 announced in 8GB and 16GB flavours
  • The Nexus 7 3G 32GB announced
  • The Nexus 7 32GB anounced
  • The Nexus 7 8GB / 16GB to get price drops (maybe 16GB to be dropped, see below)
  • Android 4.2 announced

One thing i'm not sure about is the 8GB N7 model. I wonder if due to Google's obsession with the cloud they'll keep the 8GB as the base model, with a price drop, and make the 32GB the premium model, losing the 16GB.

Not sure though...

P

Guest BigAlUK

I'm guessing the invite might be implying some Google Now updates.

Would also like a little UK love, but probably unlikely (Music, Wallet, Magazines, TV Shows).

Can't imagine any Key Lime Pie news, Jelly Bean is only 4 months old.

Guest The Jones

I would guess we will see the new Nexus phone along with Android 4.2 which will probably be a Jelly Bean update with some more focus on Google Now.

We will surely hear about the 32Gb Nexus 7 as well. I would think the 16Gb and 8Gb models will be retained but at lower price points.

I would love the "And one more thing..." announcement to be as follows: Andy Rubin (Head of Android at Google), Larry Page (Google CEO) and Meg Whitman (HP CEO) get on stage and tell us that HP will be using Android for their next generation tablets and smartphones.

They will then explain that open sourcing WebOS was to make some features and components available to Android. Matias Duarte (Director of Android operating system User Experience) then gets on stage and shows everyone a Palm Pre 2 running Android Key Lime Pie (4.2).

I had better stop daydreaming and get back to work...

You missed them adding the Touchpad to the GED list.

I'll keep dreaming or buy a Nexus 7 for xmas ;)

Guest BiggidyBoing

On the 29th Andy Rubin will also talk at the All Things Digital - Dive Into Mobile event in NYC.

- At the 2011 event he launched Ice Cream Sandwich that same day.

- At the 2010 event he demonstrated an early Honeycomb prototype.

I wonder if we could see an early, early preview of Key Lime Pie this time? running on desktop PCs?

and hopefully he'll be wearing Google Glasses.

Guest Zarch1972

I really think there will be a Google Music announcement/update. Its been almost a year since Music was released, but its been pretty stagnant since. Not to mention the shocking lack of access outside of the US.

Its a great product, it just needs a little more love and attention from Google. (please, please, please can we have a better PC/Mac client than "Music Manager" for starters?)

Guest masterpfa

Would also like a little UK love, (Music, Wallet, Magazines, TV Shows).

This is all I want, well not all I would love to see at least one Nexus phone, but hoping that we may be surprised with maybe one or more. OK that really is wishful thinking.

My Wish list

1. Nexus 4 (plus another Nexus phone)

2 .Nexus 7 32 Gb and .Nexus 7 32 Gb + 3G at £199 and £249 price points respectively

3. Jelly Bean update to 4.2 with significant additions (and an insight to Key Lime Pie)

4. Full Google Play availability world wide where permissions will allow.

5. All devices available from Google Play store world wide or major markets at least.

Just throwing this last one in there but would love a generic device being released by the major manufacturers which were running pure Vanilla Android as HTC did with the G2, but then again I would only be spoilt for choice, HTC J, PadFone 2, Optimus G, Motorola Maxx HD.............

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.