OMC memory issue

Guest metal.mickey

Guest metal.mickey

Hi Ive got a skate and am having issues with memory IE not being able to install any other apps

Im running CFX2 on an original (factory set) memory partition.

ive got 162MB of internal storage and of that 99.5mb used for apps and 28.75mb available, but everytime i try do dload a new app i get a message saying i dont have enough memory left to install it.

when i look at the manage apps bit of the app drawer it says internal storage is 133mb of which there is 29mb free?

can anyone help or direct me to a tpt that would suit my OS?

MM

Guest omegavesko

Android often says you don't have any space left, even if you appear to have 20-30MB free. It's been this way for as long as I can remember,

I'd recommend just installing simple2ext or Link2SD, along with a 512MB or 1GB ext3 partition on your SD card. You'll never run out of space again.

Guest omegavesko

hey i'm having the same problem and i'm asking what is ext3 partition on my sd card? and the way to do it plz

It's a separate partition you make on your SD card for an app like Link2SD to move your apps to. Here's how you make one:

1. Back up everything on your SD card

2. Reboot to recovery

3. Advanced > Partition SD card

4. Select how big you want your ext partition to be.

5. Move your backed up files back to your SD card.

That's it. Then you can just install Link2SD or whatever and let it set everything up for you.

Guest metal.mickey

donloaded partition wizard and formateed the sd

primary is 6.72gb fat 32

ext3 is 712mb ext3 format

but the card isnt detected in the phone ive tried another card and all is well withthe other card

any ideas

update:

tried the formatted 8 gb card in my blade and it shows up as a drive

tried a 2gb card in my blade and all is well

tried the formatted 8gb card in the Skate no joy: no icon in notification bar to say card not present but in sys>storage it says no card mounted

tried the 2gb card in the Skate and all is well.

Edited by metal.mickey

It's a separate partition you make on your SD card for an app like Link2SD to move your apps to. Here's how you make one:

1. Back up everything on your SD card

2. Reboot to recovery

3. Advanced > Partition SD card

4. Select how big you want your ext partition to be.

5. Move your backed up files back to your SD card.

That's it. Then you can just install Link2SD or whatever and let it set everything up for you.

ok i'v make an ext3 partition (auto detected and formated with link2SD) now what? what i must do because when i click on storage no changements on internal memoroi it stays on 220 mo total 85 mo free

Edited by ousZTE

Guest omegavesko

ok i'v make an ext3 partition (auto detected and formated with link2SD) now what? what i must do because when i click on storage no changements on internal memoroi it stays on 220 mo total 85 mo free

Open Link2SD and make it automatically link (not move) apps to ext. Also link as many existing apps as possible to ext.

Edited by omegavesko

i'v linked an app (3d bowling) to my ext but by doing that this app(15 mo) wich was installed on sd card ,was mouved to internel memory

what i'v done wrong?