Proximity sensor :'(

Guest maninhas

Guest nsmacd1

I have had the black screen during calls issue since the first ICS ROM was installed some months ago and have not been able to solve the problem - I have tried various software, various ROMs but no luck so far (It works slightly better with a GB ROM)

Guest tcpaulh

Even if that doesn't work, there is another way but the above imei shuffle is probably what I would try now. Maybe wait and see if someone else has other advice :)

Edited by tcpaulh

Guest cjcandrei

Any luck with black screen on calls issue??? Found it very worst in b944 the screen doesnt turn on at all during calls :-[

I've solved my proximity sensor problems like this:

post #29.

It works ok after three weeks. No problem since ...

Guest ferriscat

Hi

I changed my screen protector and the proximity sensor went mental, I re flashed the phone and everything, all I needed to do was remove the screen protector and it all worked after that..

Guest nsmacd1

Where are the 8 screws? - I can only see 3 when I take the back cover off & the battery out - one either side of the battery and one at the top right of the battery (all going in to the white plastic)

Guest cjcandrei

Where are the 8 screws? - I can only see 3 when I take the back cover off & the battery out - one either side of the battery and one at the top right of the battery (all going in to the white plastic)

One screw is covered with some white paper. You'll pierce it to unscrew it. After this you'll have to take down the two plastic covers that have the power button at the top and the usb at the bottom. After this you'll notice another 4 screws there. I've unscrewed them all and inserted a piece of paper folded a couple of times between the power button and the plastic that covers it ... Put everything back again. You can test it before putting together the two pieces of plastic with the power button and the usb.

A and another thing. You don't need to do everything that this guy does in the video. I didn't even taken down the whole plastic cover that this guy is struggling to do at 3:15. Hope I helped.

Here a youtube link that helped me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gx1rchvZmg

Edited by cjcandrei