ZTE and Virgin Mobile to launch Snow White Kis

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

When I first saw the headline in my inbox I thought it rather ingenious that ZTE / Virgin Mobile are to launch a Disney themed Kis for kids but, actually, it's not. It's a Kis in snow white. As in the white of snow. The colour. Ah!

Available from tomorrow, October 24th, alongside the existing black Kis, the device features a 3.5 inch touch screen, an 800MHz processor, a 3.2-megapixel camera with autofocus and includes 2GB micro SD card. Not mind blowing specs by any stretch of the imagination, but the device does only cost £49.99 (+£10 topup) on PAYG in either colour with 12 months free data (1GB per month) included, worth up to £60.

The obligatory quotes...

Given our successful track record of mobile launches with Virgin Media, we wanted to develop our relationship with them by introducing another exclusive smartphone – the ZTE Kis in white. It is targeted at young, style-conscious people, who want the rich functionality of an Android device for an affordable price,”

The ZTE Kis is a great value Android device that has been one of Virgin Media’s best-selling prepay phones since its arrival earlier this year, so we’re delighted to once again be able to launch a new and exclusive colour just for our customers. We know how much our customers love to stay connected no matter where they are, especially at Christmas, which is why we’re adding even more value to this handset by giving our customers free data for a whole year.

The specs in full...

• Display: 3.5'', HVGA 480*320, 262k colour, TFT, Capacitive
  • Processor: 800MHz
  • Camera: 3.2MP Auto Focus, 2 x digital zoom
  • Connectivity: Bluetooth 2.1, WiFi, GPS, WAP 2.0, Tri band
  • Storage: Internal 512MB ROM, 256MB RAM. External memory up to 32GB, 2GB micro SD card included with device
  • Dimensions: 114.3 x 61.6 x 11.5mm, 120g
  • Battery: 1400 mAh Li-Ion

The device will be available in store, online and through telesales.

Do we have any existing Kis users out there? How are you finding the phone? Maybe it's a decent Christmas gift for the kids. :)

snowwhitekis.png

Click here to view the item

Guest honestaitch

If this is your first smartphone, then this is a pretty good one for the price. The main downside for me is the limited internal memory, and I haven't managed to root the device (so I cannot remove the pre-installed apps).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.