Xolo and OSD users help needed !!

Guest kapil25111993

Guest kapil25111993

I am pretty impressed with the specs of this phone.And with the price being reduced,its really irresistible.I don't have any problems with d specs.They're great.But i am a little concerned over the battery life of this phone.Is it good enough? Should i go for this phone? i really want this phone.

Guest BlueMoonRising

I am pretty impressed with the specs of this phone.And with the price being reduced,its really irresistible.I don't have any problems with d specs.They're great.But i am a little concerned over the battery life of this phone.Is it good enough? Should i go for this phone? i really want this phone.

The battery life is fine(for a smartphone, lol) however there have been some issues with the design come up. Mainly, overheating(I had to replace mine, although I'm beginning to suspect that it's to do with the battery discharging when heavily used rather than the CPU), the screen bezel cracking(not happened to me) and the power button failing(touch wood, not on mine).

I think if I had held out buying it when I did I would look elsewhere to be honest. I would have a lot less performance(at the price), true, but I really don't know what the future holds out for it.

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest Simon O

I don't have any problems with mine so far (touch wood). It has decent specs and is quite fast. The screen is really nice but a little power hungry but battery life is pretty good.

Sadly though the new Nexus 4 is a much better buy. That's technology for you.

Only problem I have had is power button, which is fixable now, me and rickywyatt spent some time yesterday with our device open playing with the power button, and ricky found way to push button back up. :D

All devices have problems in one department or another, no such thing as perfect technology in my eyes.

The battery life is not an issue, go on any device forum, you get the same old battery life crap topic and at the end of the day it is all down to the user, you can be wise with your battery or just be silly and have all kinds of sync, etc running in the background 24/7 and your battery will drain. For me battery life is reasonable, I get through a day when I am out, what more do people want, a nuclear powered backpack that only needs charging every 3 months :lol:

Guest Simon O

using the phone to watch videos, play games etc will result in battery life being a few hours. Every Android phone is like that. What I really want is long standby time and I'm getting that with the San Dieg. I use 'Battery Widget? Reborn!' to monitor battery levels as it gives an accurate reading based on your usage. The more you use the phone the more true the result will be. Currently I'm getting just over a day with normal use but of course playing games will decrease this.

Only problem I have had is power button, which is fixable now, me and rickywyatt spent some time yesterday with our device open playing with the power button, and ricky found way to push button back up. :D

Did you need to remove any screws or just removing the back cover and sticking some card between the circuit board button and the plastic case button?

Guest kapil25111993

I don't have any problems with mine so far (touch wood). It has decent specs and is quite fast. The screen is really nice but a little power hungry but battery life is pretty good.

Sadly though the new Nexus 4 is a much better buy. That's technology for you.

Would the nexus 4 perform faster than the xolo ?

And how come lg's pricing the nexus 4 so low?

Going by the specs,the phone should cost above Rs 30000 in india.

Guest i am not a hacker

Nexus 4 would definitely perform better. It has twice the RAM (2GB vs 1GB) and a quad core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor which is far better.

The price may be low, but there is very little storage. For £240, you only get 5.2GB of user accessible storage! That is barely anything. A good quality game such a Modern Combat 3 will take 1.4GB, a quarter down the drain. The 16GB version should be alright though and that is £280. You cannot put a Micro SD card in so you won't be getting any more storage.

The thing is, the Xolo/ Orange San Diego you can pickup for about £170 ( £140 2nd hand, but good condition).

The best thing about the Nexus 4 is that it will have a huge amount of support and updates from Google so it will always have the latest android version and good app compatibility.

This thread doesn't address your battery concerns, but you may find it helpful to have a read. It's a little old now (written pre-ICS era), but has some points you might want to consider all the same:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/357271-considering-buying-an-osd-but/

Did you need to remove any screws or just removing the back cover and sticking some card between the circuit board button and the plastic case button?

Yep just wedge some card between board and button on the side where the button has no support, it is tricky, I have not quite got it right yet but rickywyatt has figured a good technique.

After having a good look at the button it becomes clear where the floor is, the arm supporting the button is far to weak to maintain any spring-back and, the other side there is no arm at all! The side with no support is where the wedge needs to be.

edit: due to a recent discovery by myself and rickywyatt, forget the above.

here is what 100% works and makes your button as good as new:

1) take off back cover of device(obviously :lol: )

2) look at button, there is an arm in centre of button that reaches to switch....lift it gently so that there is a small gap

3)slide a thin peice of card between the button and main switch, say 1mm thick

4) done enjoy your brand new power button.

Edited by Guest