223 replies to this topic

popoyaya

popoyaya

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade V, Galaxy S3
So.... after all the months of waiting,whilst they were "hard at work" on this, fixing everything, promising everything, it's the exact same piece of crap,bit-for-bit as ever. The same one they released in the UK a month ago and quickly withdrew as it was too buggy and made a big statement about. Is vodafone full of retards? Is this a joke?

Hogweed

Hogweed

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Well whatever may be on the Vodafone forum about a release it is not available at the moment to customers on B892 - the official UK version you should be on if you followed the OTA updates. So I am still not totally convinced it is the official release. If it is and it is the same thing they said was too buggy to release earlier then that's really poor.

I just double checked and with stock B892 you are told no updates are available.

Edited by Hogweed, 31 October 2012 - 11:45 PM.

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Vowney V5.
  • Twitter:@Rico_89_
Something is odd here for sure. My brother is on stock, untouched, B892 with all the voda bloat crap and there are still no updates: Also I just read a few pages back that the unlockbootloader.exe wont unlock the bootloader and will mess up your phone if used.. I mean WTF, no way would I install this version.

IMO the best stock ICS so far has been B934, it has all the ICS problems but at least you get a vendor update.app that does not contain any voda nonsense and a cool boot animation too.

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1, Moto G, G300
  • Twitter:@tcpaulh
Yeah, I'm still thinking it might be a screwup, again, with the wrong version accidentally being made available.

How To Provide Error Logs

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

johnpeterman

johnpeterman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I've just updated from 892 to 895, downloaded 936 but delayed updating for tomorrow, because I didn't have space on the sd card. Bullet dodged.
Am I in danger of not getting a fixed update if I'm running 895? In case there's going to be one, of course.

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
I don't know why you guys are updating to 895? No where does it say you should have to do anything but upgrade in the normal manner. If an update isn't available via ota then .. an update isn't available.

Finally, according to the info, on the original post, after updating your build number should be..... ".... version will show as U8815V100R001C02B936."

b4da55

b4da55

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
Can confirm 892 is now upgradeable

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Can confirm 892 is now upgradeable

Great.. now we need to know if the unlockbootloader.exe is working. If you can't unlock the phone completely then I wouldn't bother with this.

b4da55

b4da55

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
If its bit for bit the same then surely it wouldn't make a difference

deuse

deuse

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Devices:Cube Talk 5H
Just got my notice to update it downloaded a 20MB file in zip format
it rebooted and and says "assert failed: apply_patch_check("/systwm app/maps.odex"
then it says a load more errors lol..well done huawei....

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

If its bit for bit the same then surely it wouldn't make a difference

From page three of this thread.

Blown it. Used unlockbootloader, and indeed the phone was rooted OK, confimed by titanium. But then did the step to unlock the boot loader and now can't get any combination of buttons to start the phone.The update must have modded the boot loader...

We need more info regarding this version that will update from B892 and it would be great if someone could get the update.app before they install.

psionandy

psionandy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:Mobile tech.. gadgets.. Liverpool FC
  • Devices:Note 2 and Ascend G300 CM10 R2
  • Twitter:@psionandy

I don't know why you guys are updating to 895? No where does it say you should have to do anything but upgrade in the normal manner. If an update isn't available via ota then .. an update isn't available.

Finally, according to the info, on the original post, after updating your build number should be..... ".... version will show as U8815V100R001C02B936."

895 is now the OTA version which is offered to users on 892. It certainly wasn't offered yesterday,,, and i believe this is the pre-upgrade to the gull blown ICS version;

Psion Revo+ -> Psion 5MX -> Sony ClieT675-> Palm T2-> Sharp Zaurus 5500 -> AximX50V-> MDA Compact-> Vario II ->Vario III ->Samsung Omnia ->T-Mobile Pulse -> Huawai-G300 -> Nook HD+ ->Samsung Galaxy Note II

synchropair

synchropair

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
My two boys have these phones. All that i have done is to unlock them and update to 892. The ota update has appeared this morning. Shall i update their phones or wait a bit. Will the update lock back to Vodaphone?

alpine101

alpine101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 7, Moto G, Ainol Fire

My two boys have these phones. All that i have done is to unlock them and update to 892. The ota update has appeared this morning. Shall i update their phones or wait a bit. Will the update lock back to Vodaphone?

My attempt didn't lock back to Vodafone, I was still able to use Orange/TMO texts. Only the unlock bootloader went astray...

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

My attempt didn't lock back to Vodafone, I was still able to use Orange/TMO texts. Only the unlock bootloader went astray...

That is a show stopper for sure. If you can't unlock the bootloader then this update is dead to me.

alpine101

alpine101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 7, Moto G, Ainol Fire

That is a show stopper for sure. If you can't unlock the bootloader then this update is dead to me.

The only thing I can think of is that the phone was already unlocked, because I'd done that when I first got it using Paul's method. I assumed the update, which at that point appeared successful, would have re-locked it, it had certainly lost root. So that's why I used the unlockbootloader.exe method. The first step regained root OK and the second step ran the unlock script, without any errors as far as I could see, though the dos window wasn't there for long. I don't remember it flashing the phones leds, but I might not have been looking.

Edited by alpine101, 01 November 2012 - 09:34 AM.

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

The only thing I can think of is that the phone was already unlocked, because I'd done that when I first got it using Paul's method. I assumed the update, which at that point appeared successful, would have re-locked it, it had certainly lost root. So that's why I used the unlockbootloader.exe method. The first step regained root OK and the second step ran the unlock script, without any errors as far as I could see, though the dos window wasn't there for long. I don't remember it flashing the phones leds, but I might not have been looking.

Every time you install an update.app via ota or SD card, your phone will need to be rooted and the bootloader unlocked (if the bootloader is locked). If you did use the Gingerbread method to unlock ICS then that maybe an issue but as far as unlocking your phone, then you did the right thing using the .exe.

Edited by Rico_89, 01 November 2012 - 10:22 AM.

Craigy1892

Craigy1892

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Hi Davidoff59

There are black lines under the words as i type

Thanks Craigy1892

alhimyaa

alhimyaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
I keep getting an error after attempting to install the update. I am on stock B892 and when I choose to download the OTA update, it asks if I want to restart to install it, when I say yes it would restart and take me to a page with a picture of an android with a triangle and exclamation point above it. Pressing the bottom left key shows me the following error message under the cwm-based recovery menu:

E: unknown volume for path [SDCARD:HwOUC/update.zip
Installation aborted

I have tried installing through the CWM-Based Recovery menu too but get another error message:

E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

And again even if I set the verification process to be skipped I get an error message. My phone is unlocked, via a code from vodafone when I first got the phone and rooted. Any help is much appreciated.

unaszplodrmann

unaszplodrmann

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

I wouldn't use the OTA updates at all, as they are clearly inferior to the modified packages available here, which include some bugfixes for Huawei's funk ups.

Kill the bee... and ultimately... you'll have nothing to spread on your toast — John Shuttleworth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users