Huawei G300 update fails Google's Compatibility Test Suite

Guest hecatae

Guest hecatae

You probably already know that there is a requirement for devices to pass a number of tests (known as the CTS) in order to quality for access to the Play Store. If you run Google's CTS test against the current B936 OTA UK Vodafone Ice Cream Sandwich release, it fails!

The failures are as follows:

• ‘AppSecurity’ CTS Test Failures (1)
  • ‘Java’ CTS Test Failures (11)
  • ‘Android’ Test Plan - Test Failures (71)
    Yes, 83 failures in total, I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

Full details of the failures are on the Vodafone eForum here.

But the above issues are not the only ones, there are also further faults with Vodafone's Android 4.0 update for the G300 includeing:
    • Dictionary broken.
    • Caller ID broken - it doesn't display in time.
    • No hardware accelerated UI despite documented written promises.
    • Reverts to internal storage after reboot even if you tell it to use the SD card.
    • Sluggish and slows down over time leading to force closes etc - bad memory management.
    • Still defaults back to factory ringtones when connected to PC or powered off.
    • The security flaw that allows the sim card to be destroyed when visiting a malicious url has not been patched in this build.
    • Here's hoping that Vodafone release a new update soon, I would not like my device to be locked out of the Play Store or be so vulnerable to sim card attacks (not to mention the bugs!).

[Via: Vodafone eForum]

Click here to view the item

Guest Colossae3.23

definitely a sad state of affairs. It seem like a lack of integrity to me, because carelessness, nor incompetence can explain the huge number of failures.

Guest flixblixclix

oh ho..... thanks for ur warning about upgrading to ICS..... vodafone , such a big brand and there is a security issue..... unbelievable..... they will look after this asap......

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.