How to Increase performance on Chinese blade !

Guest M@X

Guest Snap.IT
Hey friends,

Does Increasing/Decreasing VM Heap Size increases performance on Chinese Blade ???

Plz help !

Thank You !

Not if you're not running an app that needs more virtual memory than the max heap setting.

So, generally no.

Guest Snap.IT
Thats Sad ! :(

Can You plz give me some tips to increase Performance ?

Use Swedish snow, mokee or lezo.

There isn't much you can do that will give you any real world performance benefits beyond that.

Guest oscarafv

Hi M@X, in my V880 I have CM7 (cm-7-20121104-NIGHTLY-blade.zip), 128MB swap, 256 sd-ext, SmartassV2 CPU Governor, Min.Freq. 320MHz, Max.Freq. 691MHz, using S2E to move App, Private App and Download cache.

Activate swap at boot, creating a /data/local/userinit.sh file containing:

swapon /dev/block/mmcblk0p3

See http://www.modaco.com/topic/355059-romgen233110-cyanogenmod-9-konstakang-android-404/page__st__1280__hl__+swapon#entry2047871 for reference

Btfix (see http://www.modaco.com/topic/358743-bluetooth-not-working-pls-help/page__hl__+btfix#entry2044911)

I'm very happy with performance and battery.

I've tried CM10 for a while and worked very well (thanks KonstaT and team for nice ROM) but it's too much for my V880.

Guest gourav35

Use task killer to free ram.. Remove useless app from system/ app as if apps are in system task killer don't kill them.. reducing your ROM size can also give you good performance

Guest Snap.IT
Use task killer to free ram.. Remove useless app from system/ app as if apps are in system task killer don't kill them.. reducing your ROM size can also give you good performance

Minfree will kill apps when memory is needed. There is no need to use a task killer and all it does is slow down your phone.

Reducing ROM size will do absolutely nothing for performance.

Swap will help with huge spreadsheets or word documents but apps and unchanged data will be swapped to wherever it was read from rather than to your swap partition.

There really isn't much that can be done apart from using a rom that is made with 256MB devices in mind like Lezo and Mokee.

Guest d_borghi

try t0mm13b, with link2sd, sd increase, nofrill cpu (max 691), fix bt chinese zte blade.

you zte blade will be the best android phone. I'm very happy with that configuration.

bye

db

Guest Snap.IT

try t0mm13b, with link2sd, sd increase, nofrill cpu (max 691), fix bt chinese zte blade.

you zte blade will be the best android phone. I'm very happy with that configuration.

bye

db

1. tomm13b's version is made with the gen2 in mind, it's not going to be a good option for any 256mb model in mind because it's not optimized for memory size but rather for running speed (-O2 rather than -Os) this isn't news.

2. using links2sd will inevitably bring caches into play devouring more memory and still suffer performance wise compared to .. well almost any ohter solution, i'll go right ahead and recommend a good TPT that will allow you to keep your apps out of your SDCARD but if you're going to use it you will be better off using a loop file as it will already be cached data from SD.

3. Links2sd is a horrid solution, all ROMs made with 256MB blades in mind already have a built in better solution, i still propose using a loop file mounted as sd-ext just because it's already cached storage area, chances are that it may increase your performance if done right.

4. Overclock if you must, it gives you very little performance boost and the right to STFU when you get a problem. an overclock below 800 is just a waste of battery life, most phones cannot reach 800 so just don't overclock, it will run extremely smooth with Mokee or Lezo without it and you don't have the memory to run full ROM's anyway and why would you, do you use your phone to run the ROM or to run apps you like?

Guest d_borghi

1. tomm13b's version is made with the gen2 in mind, it's not going to be a good option for any 256mb model in mind because it's not optimized for memory size but rather for running speed (-O2 rather than -Os) this isn't news.

2. using links2sd will inevitably bring caches into play devouring more memory and still suffer performance wise compared to .. well almost any ohter solution, i'll go right ahead and recommend a good TPT that will allow you to keep your apps out of your SDCARD but if you're going to use it you will be better off using a loop file as it will already be cached data from SD.

3. Links2sd is a horrid solution, all ROMs made with 256MB blades in mind already have a built in better solution, i still propose using a loop file mounted as sd-ext just because it's already cached storage area, chances are that it may increase your performance if done right.

4. Overclock if you must, it gives you very little performance boost and the right to STFU when you get a problem. an overclock below 800 is just a waste of battery life, most phones cannot reach 800 so just don't overclock, it will run extremely smooth with Mokee or Lezo without it and you don't have the memory to run full ROM's anyway and why would you, do you use your phone to run the ROM or to run apps you like?

really interesting, Snap.it

3. could you teach me how "...using a loop file mounted as sd-ext just because it's already cached storage area..."???

tnx

db

Guest Snap.IT

really interesting, Snap.it

3. could you teach me how "...using a loop file mounted as sd-ext just because it's already cached storage area..."???

tnx

db

I'll make a script for it and post it here but essentially you just use dd to create an empty loop file, mkefs to format it to ext2 and mount it on /data. There is no fragmentation so it works great with built in caching.

Right now i'm running konstakang CM-10 completely off of loop files on the sdcard and it's as fast as if it was installed on MTD.

Guest Snap.IT

i'm very ignorant... :(

in my zte blade, konstakang CM-10 is very slow...

i will be waiting for your script + more instruction.

tnx

bye

db

Yeah, as soon as i get home, i've already got this script written from my multiboot script, just need to use some code from two scripts to make it work.

Don't use CM9 or 10 on a 256MB blade though, that will never work OK, it's not even really OK with 512MB you need 1024MB for it to run as it's supposed to.

Guest d_borghi

Yeah, as soon as i get home, i've already got this script written from my multiboot script, just need to use some code from two scripts to make it work.

Don't use CM9 or 10 on a 256MB blade though, that will never work OK, it's not even really OK with 512MB you need 1024MB for it to run as it's supposed to.

any news???

Guest raizor6th

hi..

uhh.. i just want to clarify something here because i really don't know which is which blade i have here.

my blade had a label at the back underneath where battery pack is placed and it says "ASSEMBLED IN CHINA". at first i agreed with it but now im confused because whenever i see a post about a CHINESE BLADES people will always say or determine that this blade has only 256mb of RAM most of them. but why is my blade had 512mb of RAM? what does the label at the back of my blade mean?

Hey! Why don't You use Blade checker app , It might clear all your doubt's...

And yes Post the screenshot of it here..

Blade checker on my Phone displays this

post-972659-13537426915624_thumb.jpg

Edited by M@X

Guest raizor6th

so mine is European blade and was just assembled in China :hmm:

but why when i tptied it using European TPT files RIL was gone then i have to use combination of TPT file from Chinese and European?