Re-partitioning System, Cache and User Data.

Guest ccorasaaa

Guest ccorasaaa

Guys how can i change partition size?

-Thepasto: he told me that i've to modificate the kernel and i can't do this. [HE TALK ABOUT HEX VALUE]

-Parvata: Upon further digging I found that these are defined in ./kernel/acer/salsa/arch/arm/mach-msm/nand_partitions.c file. take a look at that file. Although I have not tried it. When you change the values in the BoardConfig.mk file ensure that those corresponding values are reflected in this nand_partitions.c file. Be careful not to brick your device. But I guess as long as your recovery bootloader is intact you should be fine.

@Parvata:

francesco@Francesco-AMD64:~$ adb pull ./kernel/acer/salsa/arch/arm/mach-msm/nand_partitions.c [~/francesco]

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

remote object './kernel/acer/salsa/arch/arm/mach-msm/nand_partitions.c' does not exist

Where is the file "BoardConfig.mk"? And what it does?

Edit: ok it's a part of the kernel...

Edit2: Ok, tomorrow i'll try to compile a kernel with your information. Thanks

Edited by ccorasaaa

Guest parvata

-Thepasto: he told me that i've to modificate the kernel and i can't do this. [HE TALK ABOUT HEX VALUE]

-Parvata: Upon further digging I found that these are defined in ./kernel/acer/salsa/arch/arm/mach-msm/nand_partitions.c file. take a look at that file. Although I have not tried it. When you change the values in the BoardConfig.mk file ensure that those corresponding values are reflected in this nand_partitions.c file. Be careful not to brick your device. But I guess as long as your recovery bootloader is intact you should be fine.

@Parvata:

francesco@Francesco-AMD64:~$ adb pull ./kernel/acer/salsa/arch/arm/mach-msm/nand_partitions.c [~/francesco]

remote object './kernel/acer/salsa/arch/arm/mach-msm/nand_partitions.c' does not exist

Both these files are in the cm9 source tree from thepasto. The BoardConfig.mk is under device/acer/salsa. The sizes in there are used during compile time and somewhere in the build a checkis made whether the images that are created fit in these sizes. However the actual partition sizes are created from the nand_partitions.c file. Since these files are from the source tree there is no meaning in pulling it from the device. Hope it makes sense.

Guest thepasto

@Parvata:

https://github.com/thepasto/liquid-chocolate/commit/937012fe35e9fb6d4ca112599b8d685f26d039ab#diff-1

This is the patch i used to change system to 200mb size. You should do the same changing your values. But it's a bit dangerous.. if you don't know what are you doing. Reading what you wrote in your post i suggest you to be really careful :P

Board-config file can be skipped atm, it's only a check to warn if built image is bigger than your partition size.

Remember to built twrp recovery or cwm with your new kernel and perform a full wipe then, without this step you'll mess up your device and there are several risks of brick

Guest Diljeet

No, sorry, i can't... It seems to me that someone had already made a CM10 for our E-Liquid?

Oh great can you please give me the link to the forum, because i was not aware of that.

41.gif Thanks for trying, its great news.