[Mod] Link2Int v1.1 - [Use 2GB internal as app storage - tested with CM9/CM10/CM10.1] 03/12

Guest Cyda

Guest sedj

Just a quick question, does link2int resreve the full 2gb for apps thus not allowing any rom to write to this partition?

I know in link2sd you can set the partition size, so i assume you have chosen the whole partition???

Guest Cyda

Just a quick question, does link2int resreve the full 2gb for apps thus not allowing any rom to write to this partition?

I know in link2sd you can set the partition size, so i assume you have chosen the whole partition???

No, it doesn't reserve the full 2GB other things can use it at the same time, it's not recommended but there is no reason you couldn't store things like mp3s in a folder on the 2GB whilst still having a working Link2Int.

I don't think you can set a partition size via the link2sd app, as far as I know the space it uses is determined by the size of the partition you point it at, give it a 512mb partition and it will use 512mb.

Guest oldfella

does anyone know if its possible to preserve apps stored on the 2 Gig area over a rom change ?

I have tried a couple of times and the apps are not detected by Links2SD. Its happy to add another copy, but it detects that only half the space is available.

Guest Cyda

I don't think you can because the symbolic links won't be present, all the files will still reside on the 2GB partition but the links that point to them won't exist so they will just sit there in the folder. At best I guess you could browse to the 2GB partition with a file manager and install the apks directly from there, this would at least save you having to re-download everything but once this is done you would need to delete the contents of the 2GB before attempting to re-link.

Guest wbrambley
does anyone know if its possible to preserve apps stored on the 2 Gig area over a rom change ?

I have tried a couple of times and the apps are not detected by Links2SD. Its happy to add another copy, but it detects that only half the space is available.

Have you tried More/Relink all application files and More/Relink library files?

Guest oldfella

Have you tried More/Relink all application files and More/Relink library files?

sorry dont understand - could you expand ?

Guest wbrambley

sorry dont understand - could you expand ?

When on new ROM, restore partition (or don't wipe in the first place) then reinstall link2sd (this version). After reboot I think it automatically mounts internal SD as the usable partition.

Then press the menu key and select more, relink all application files. Then menu, more, relink library files.

Reboot and you should see your apps. (I hope. This is the way regular link2sd works anyway, this should be the same)

Guest oldfella

When on new ROM, restore partition (or don't wipe in the first place) then reinstall link2sd (this version). After reboot I think it automatically mounts internal SD as the usable partition.

Then press the menu key and select more, relink all application files. Then menu, more, relink library files.

Reboot and you should see your apps. (I hope. This is the way regular link2sd works anyway, this should be the same)

thats great - will give it a try next time I change ROM

Guest Cyda

That's a great feature but very well hidden, thanks for pointing it out, it will be great news for users of this mod if it works as described.

Guest samjam

I wish it did that without being asked. It would have saved me hours of trouble.

Guest sedj

I used this method all time, as long as you dont wipe the mounts section your apps are still there.Just relink after install and it should ask you to reboot .

Guest samjam

So the upgrade spell is:

1. Upgrade but don't reboot

2. Install link2int again

3. Reboot

4. Use link2int to re-link applications and then libraries

5. Update back to latest link2sd via play so that encrypted apps will work

Maybe 4 and 5 should be the other way around

Guest sedj

Yes thats fine, just make sure you get the reboot prompt when enabling the mount or library and you know its taken. Update link2sd if you really need to as it does not effect this mod.

Edited by sedj

• 1 month later...
Guest whispers

I had problems with this, but just for a few apps/functions. Shame, as I really wanted my white elephant internal storage to be useful for something.

I found that Ivona Amy UK (TTS voice) would not download, TomTom would not install, and screenshots (using the in-built ICS function) would not save. Everything else worked well...

Thanks anyway Cyda - and a big thanks for Stock+ which has made my G300 usable!

Guest jamie_w

After using link2int then reflashing a different rom and not reflashing link2int when connecting to my computer apart from my external SD card which internal memory should be available via USB debugging?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest elperroderoke

The mod works in Miui v5, Just install LInk2SD then install the MOD and after reboot, all is working without problem.

Regards.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest doveman

...the image is composed from two scrolled screens... because the list was longer than a screen.

2w6ys8z.png

I was getting errors when apps were trying to update, so I presume wherever it normally installs apps was full. I couldn't find any way through System Settings to see anything other than the Internal and External SD though, both of which had plenty of space, so where does it store them and how do we check it (without using Link2SD or some other app)?

Anyway, I've installed Link2Int now and moved all apps to the SD and now it shows

Internal: Used 274MB Free: 482MB (is this where the apps were stored before I moved them)?

SD Card (/mnt/sdcard) Used 12.44GB, Free 2.18GB (this is my external SD card)

Ext. SD (/mnt/sdcard2) Used 533MB, Free 1.53GB (I assume this is the internal SD, so it's a bit confusing having it labelled Ext!)

SD Card 2nd Part (/data/sdext2) Used 533MB, Free 1.53GB (this is obviously a copy of Ext.SD)

System (/system): Used 328MB, Free 50MB (what is this, as it's very low on free space)?

Cache (/cache): Used 4.14MB, Free 185MB

• 6 months later...
Guest Fl@aps

Hi everybody!

I'm using Link2sd to use the 2GB internal SD on my G300 for long.

Today I've installed Kitkat for the 1st time (CM 11-20140303). After I used this topic's mod my link2sd sees the 2GB internal SD but looses the external SD (8GB) acess. More, using android's "settings->storage", I can no longer see any sd card (internal or external). 

Exploring the file system I see that "/storage/sdcard0" and "/storage/sdcard1" are both empty. But "/mnt/media_rw/sdcard0" and  "/mnt/media_rw/sdcard1" are accessible.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you

Sérgio 

• 3 months later...
Guest Zazasta

Hi everybody!

I'm using Link2sd to use the 2GB internal SD on my G300 for long.

Today I've installed Kitkat for the 1st time (CM 11-20140303). After I used this topic's mod my link2sd sees the 2GB internal SD but looses the external SD (8GB) acess. More, using android's "settings->storage", I can no longer see any sd card (internal or external). 

Exploring the file system I see that "/storage/sdcard0" and "/storage/sdcard1" are both empty. But "/mnt/media_rw/sdcard0" and  "/mnt/media_rw/sdcard1" are accessible.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you

Sérgio 

I'm having the same issues. I think it's not compatible with newer rom's :\

• 10 months later...
Guest VoltresS

Hello everyone, can someone please add another link for download? I can't download from the ones in the OP, one is dead and the other just give me problems.

Hope anyone can help.