Diving into the world of development.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Hello there everybody,

I've decided to finally start my own little project and do something I've been wanting to do ever since I got my very first Android device nearly 3 year ago. I'm completely new to this so it's obviously going to be a huge learning curve so bare with me.

I've set up Cygwin and the Android Kitchen and I'm basing a ROM on the debranded. I just have a few questions but any other information which could be useful (Including tutorial links etc) are much appreciated!

Firstly. When I set up my working folder there was no boot.img present in the ROM I'm basing off (Debranded stock) so it created a null one so the kitchen can operate properly, could I just use a clockworkmod img file and replace the boot file in the working folder to that and that's out the way and done or am I missing something?

Secondly, is it now just a case of adding apks in the system folder and signing them for them to be fine? And then editing files in the working folder using notepad++ to change the appearance etc of things?

Finally, any thing you can link me to so this whole process can be a bit easier on me?

Oh and could somebody explain/link me to a tutorial on how to add notification toggles to a ROM? Just did a quick Google search but nothing came up.

Thank you,

Curtis.

Edited by CurtisAndroidSF2