Partitions, Skatie and signing in with FB

Guest BadlyDrawnCurtains

Guest BadlyDrawnCurtains

I've been using Skatie for about 6 months now, and I love it. :)

I originally did it using the TPT method and to be honest didn't really know what I was doing at the time. I relied on carefully following instructions given on this forum word-for-word without really understanding them. At the time, something I did caused my 2gb SD card to be split roughly equally into 2 partitions. I would like to know please: how do I find out what each partition is being used for, how do I mount the "other" partition to my computer so I can see it, is it possible to tweak partitions to give more space to one or the other? I do understand how to use partitions on laptop, it's just trying to figure out how that translates to my phone and how best to utilise them as I'm guessing the TPT or something I did around that time did it automatically?

I would also like to know if there is a way to increase cache size, because I've heard this is the reason I can't download certain larger apps. Is this an issue just with Skatie or would the same thing happen on any rom?

Finally, yesterday just for fun I decided to try out paranoid android. The issue I had with that was signing in to apps using facebook/twitter credentials. The apps would go to the twitter/FB login screens, but no boxes to write in and no login buttons, just blank white screen with the FB header. Is there something I can do? Seems like I had a setting wrong somewhere but because I am unfamiliar with PA I have no clue where to look. I've reverted to Skatie in the mean time. The other issue I found was the touch screen response time seemed a bit slow, is this a known issue or again is this something I can change a setting for?

Sorry for all the questions! I'm just trying to learn :D

Guest omegavesko

For the second partition, did you make an ext partition for app storage at some point?

I'm running paranoid and the second problem definitely should not be happening. Try flashing it again, I guess.

Flashing PA after SKatie that was previously flashed via TPT requires your memory to be repartitioned again.

150MB system is not enough for PA. You need 200MB to fit the whole system correctly.

You can use TPT Helper from play store for that. Skate_v2b layout option is recommended for PA.

Regarding your second SD partition. It has nothing to do with TPT. You probably created SD ext partition to be able

to use Link2SD (you probably followed the Link2SD guide we have in this forum somewehere).

Guest BadlyDrawnCurtains

Yes I think that's right about the partition, it's the ext one to use Link2SD. Thank you, I'm sorry I just did it all at once at the time and didn't really understand it enough to remember.

I'll have a go with the TPT helper and try PA again. Thank you so much for your help :)

Yes and regarding white screen in FB and also in Gmail sometimes.

It is a known issue and happens mostly when phone is low on memory.

Skate's memory is not large enough to run ICS optimally enough.

If you can't live with not 100% stability and functionality of ICS/JB roms you should consider sticking with

Gingerbread roms. I recommend Cyanogenmod 7.2 or maybe H3 Blues by H3ROS that has been updated recently.

It's 100% functional with native Dolby support (not hacke in like in SKatie) becuase it is based on the

latest UK Orange's 2.3.5 rom.

Guest BadlyDrawnCurtains

Thank you for your help C3C0, I'll have a look at a few different roms. I'm not too fussed about being the most up to date, but I do like stability and learning how to do new things so I'll experiment a bit :)