[CUSTOM ROM] LiquiDuos 2 A.I. PMR by Lucky76 x Acer Liquid Gallant Duo E350

LiquiDuos 2 A.I.

PIMP my ROM

x

Acer Liquid Gallant Duo E350 (C8)

by Lucky76

PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING ATTENTAMEMTE FOLLOWING LINES. Thank you.

ATTENTION as always for clarity and do not take any responsibility for any malfunctions BRICK or several of your Acer E350 Liquid Gallant Duo due to the use of the changes, files and guides that I have proposed here, then do these steps at your own risk danger, and I recommend you perform them only after being certain that you understand what you do and you understand the meaning and having read and re-read this post and the various guides that you will find.

Any operating errors could affect the use of your smartphone forcing you to send it in for repair in service.

Flashing is a dangerous action and should be done very carefully.

First custom rom for this new device of Acer with dual sim. I created this rom is a first base for those who want to try their hand at their own customizations and various modding. The changes made are few so this first custom rom stays true to the original graphics as well as to present the app with only the addition of two new (Quick Boot and NofrillCPU). Do not think in exceptional increases the performance of your device, the purpose is to be a base to start working. Of course, this custom rom is already including Root with SuperUser.

Being the first custom rom for this device and one of the few around these devices based mtk65xx I wanted to BETA version for any bugs that may arise.

In the following lines I will try to make a detailed guide to installing a custom rom.

TECHNICAL SECTION

Type Device: Acer Liquid Gallant Duo E350 (C8).

Base Rom Used: OS_Acer_E350_1.000.18 EMEA.FR_A40I_A ---> used files: system.img and boot.img taken from the downloaded zip file.

Acer Rom Date: 25/10/2012

Links Official Acer Rom: Here

Links Official Acer France: Here

System Android: 4.0.3 ICS

INSTALLATION GUIDE

1. Pre Installation (Root, Recovery Mod and Advice)

A. Having the battery to 100%

B. Having a microSD almost 4 gb

C. Read and re-read again carefully review this guide and the guides for the root and recovery.

D. If you have not installed the SuperRecovery with Root passed through this Post and follow the step by step guide. Then come back here and go to step E.

E. If you already have or you have just installed the SuperRecovery with Root continue with the installation of ClockworkMod 6.0.1.5 Beta 1 following the guidance found in this Post and then come back here and continue to drive through to step 2.

At this point, the first part is over and you will have your Gallant Duo with the permissions of the new Root and ClockworkMod Recovery installed.

2. Backup (System and Applications)

A. The market scaricatevi a backup app like Titanium Backup (free) and take a backup of your applications that you have downloaded and installed earlier. Wipe carefully with you also lose all your sms and mms so if you do not want to lose save them with an app that you will surely find the Play Store.

B. Also from the market for those who have problems getting into Recovery with Vol + and Power download Quick Boot (Free).

C. Enter now in recovery using Quick Boot (if downloaded) Recovery choosing the menu for this app otherwise you have to turn off your device and enter the combination of the Vol + and Power.

D. Now you have to do a full backup system for restoring. Use the Volume keys go to the Backup and Restore menu and enter the Power Button.

E. In this sub menu drop down to the line "choose backup format" and confirm by pressing Power now get a line on the choice tar and confirm again with Power. You will set up the compression format. Tar.

F. Confirm that you see now on the first choice and that is "up" with the usual power button. Now just wait until the full backup! your Device (boot.img, recovery.img, System, Data and Cache).

G. Using the Volume keys go to the line + + + + + Go Back + + + + + and press Power.

H. Finally, again by pressing Power up line reboot system now to restart your device.

I. With the device turned on connect it to your PC using the USB cable and you will see the microSD ext (sdcard2) a new folder "ClockworkMod" for further safety advice to copy it to your PC. Else within the full backup of your system and then again get done just before a backup inside your PC.

Now the second point is finished so if you're still not convinced continue with the guide and go to step 3 to flash the custom rom.

3. Installing Custom Rom (Download, Wipe, Flash)

A. Downloaded from the link at the bottom of the page in the section DOWNLOAD my custom rom.

B. Copy it into your microSD

C. Restart your Gallant Duo Recovery with Quick Boot or Off with the usual combination of buttons Vol + and Power

D. First of all we have to do a clean install to make the two Wipe in the recovery. Then go to the line "wipe data / factory reset" and confirm by pressing Power. Do the same with the next choice "wipe cache partion". You will have reported at this point your device to factory state as the first starting of the engine.

E. Finally you are ready to flash your custom rom going on line "install zip from sdcard" and confirm by pressing Power.

F. Again confirmed on the first choice "choose zip from sdcard" with Power.

G. Now you have to choose the file you want to install name_custom_rom.zip. For my custom rom LiquiDuos.zip confirming with the usual Power button.

H. Finally get off the line and confirmed - Yes - Install LiquiDuos.zip. ----> Finally will start the installation.

I. Wait until the installation is finished.

L. Restart your device confirming the line reboot system now.

M. Reset all like the first time. If you synchronize your account you will download the app you previously installed and any updates. Otherwise downloaded from the market or install Titanium Backup and reinstall the app that you had previously saved at the beginning of this guide.

SECTION DOWNLOAD

Link custom rom LiquiDuos 2 A.I. PMR ---> Here

md5sum ---> b2e959c886a9b2c3e50f53f37cfebbc9

Link custom rom LiquiDuos 1 beta ---> Here

md5sum ---> b21f4aa8e8b038a4bf438d7a7f4aa660

SECTION CHANGELOG

LiquiDuos 2 A.I. PMR

1. Installing Custom Rom with Aroma Installer

2. Possibility to customize Rom

3. Aroma Installer including Pimp my Rom (many Tweak script and more)

4. Possibility to choose the inversion Internal memory / microSD

5. Added by JB App 4.2

6. More.
ATTENTION ---> PIMP my ROM To know and choose what to install the various tweaks, mods, hacks, apps and features in the second part of the Aroma Installer given to PIMP you can go to the official discussion of this in this LINK. You'll find the complete description of all the choices available that you can install. LiquiDuos 1 beta
1. Added SuperUser for Root

2. Added Busybox

3. De-ODEX files

4. Added function / data / app

5. Added function / etc / init.d

6. Adding app Quick Boot

7. Adding app noFrillCpu

8. Changed ro.secure=0 on Boot

9. Added ADB Boot

SECTION BUG SOFTWARE and HARDWARE

SOFTWARE BUG:

BUG HARDWARE:

If you find any bugs please report hardware or software in this post so you will to solve them.

SECTION CREDITS

PaulOBrien ---> for its SuperRecovery With Root. (MoDaCo) ---> Link

dsixda ---> for its HTC Android Kitchen 0.216. (XDA) ---> Link

Koush Dutta ---> for its Clockworkmod ---> Link

Tuttoandroid.net ---> For web space ---> Link

Androguide.fr ---> For their PIMP my ROM (ver. A.I.) ---> Link

Amarullz ---> For his Aroma Installer ---> Link

Bye

Edited by Guest

Hey.

Thanks for your hard work.

Can you add a mirror to the ROM download? -> forget it.

Is it possible to add Portuguese language to this ROM?

Edited by P_CAB

Guest denseye

hello lucky

thanks for your ROM, I will give it a try.

I would like to try doing my own custom ROM.

As a starting point, I have a question you may be able to answer :

how do I convert the official acer ROM (OS_Acer_E350.1.000.18.EMEA.FR_A40I_A) which zip content

- boot.img

- cache.img

- system.img

to a zip that content :

system folder with subfolders app, framework, etc ...

thanks for your answer

Hi denseye you for make your personal custom rom you can use my job e.g. but if you want make all rom you must take system.img and boot.img from stock rom.

Edited by Guest

hello, Im French.

I want to thank you for your roms!

you are the first to have done so. I hope that the next will excelente.

thank you again! ;) ;) ;)

Hi florent i see your forum on france FrAndroid i'm happy and your are welcome. This is base for other rom not much for moment. For the next i want add tweak and other thing but with Aroma Installer..... Say hello to all the forum French FrAndroid. Bye from italy. Edited by Guest

Guest LuisPinto

Hi awesome tutorial.

Is there any possibility of this custom ROM have the portuguese language or it just come with the default acer gallant options ??

I really need the portuguese system language in the phone, Thanks !!

Greetings,

Luis Pinto

e

hahaha, you combined the pimp my rom aroma installer with your rom??

genius ^_^

Yes... :P The first is For my Rom, second For pimp my rom.

i not have tree of this devices sorry.

Guest ozfunghi

eYes... :P The first is For my Rom, second For pimp my rom.

i not have tree of this devices sorry.

Hello, i read from Jaarvin (other topic "phonebook bluetooth") that the bluetooth is now working properly on his phone with this ROM. Can you please tell which modifications you made to that?

Guest jaarvin

Properly is a bit exagerated ... only phonebook upload is Ok ! :-)

rather a kind of side effect rather than the result of a modification (ap remain stock) ! But what about kernel rebuild ?

Guest ZhawLong

Hey Dude... Both of You create a great Custom ROM... I would like to ask permisions to put your ROM and Tips on Our Local Forum in Indonesia. I'll put all of Credit to You.. I wont take the credit...

Good Job ;)

Hey Dude... Both of You create a great Custom ROM... I would like to ask permisions to put your ROM and Tips on Our Local Forum in Indonesia. I'll put all of Credit to You.. I wont take the credit...

Good Job ;)

Yeah Zhaw not problem

You can take my custom rom and my recovery cwm and put all in Indonesia Forum..........

thank you for use my rom. ;)

Bye.

Guest Chet T16

I installed this over stock rooted but it refused to boot with an SD card in, it was just boot looping. If i let it boot then put the SD in it would reset and loop again. I tried two cards and tried formatting and reinstalling but always the same. I've flashed liquiduos 1 now and it seems fine, i might take a backup and try upgrading to 2 in a while.