White Nexus 4 confirmed - CPW group exclusive?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

The white Nexus 4, which appeared on the Carphone Warehouse site before mysteriously vanishing, has popped up again - this time on the site of CPW sibling TalkTalk.

The TalkTalk site is now listing 'Nexus 4 by LG White + Nexus 7 Tablet', starting at only £30 per month on the 'small plan' (for existing TalkTalk subscribers), not a bad deal! The deals are currently available to pre-order, with stock due on 13th December. That's my Christmas present to myself sorted. ;)

We don't have any pictures of the white Nexus 4 yet... we're currently poking our contacts with large sticks hoping an image will pop out. :P

[Via: @StickyGeko]

nexus4white7.jpg

Click here to view the item

Guest TheBishopOfSoho

Really dont get this obsession with white phones. I think they look tacky. Had a white S3 when it first released, looked hideous so returned it. How would the shimmering back on the N4 look on white?

Really dont get this obsession with white phones. I think they look tacky. Had a white S3 when it first released, looked hideous so returned it. How would the shimmering back on the N4 look on white?

I 100% agree. For me white = tacky.

Guest PhonePersona

YMMV.

I got a White and Blue S3. The white one looks MUCH better IMHO. Classier.

I also have a regular Nexus 4. I won't be getting it in white.

The same people who say white = Tacky would probably have had no issues buying the iPod back when it was ONLY available in white, or using a white MacBook laptop. The fact is that once you're given variety, it opens up the options for consumers.

This is a good thing.

Granted, white tech is not for everyone, but don't come out here and poo-poo on the tastes of those who have a little appreciation for something that doesn't work for you.

It's kinda dickish :-)

YMMV.

I got a White and Blue S3. The white one looks MUCH better IMHO. Classier.

I also have a regular Nexus 4. I won't be getting it in white.

The same people who say white = Tacky would probably have had no issues buying the iPod back when it was ONLY available in white, or using a white MacBook laptop. The fact is that once you're given variety, it opens up the options for consumers.

This is a good thing.

Granted, white tech is not for everyone, but don't come out here and poo-poo on the tastes of those who have a little appreciation for something that doesn't work for you.

It's kinda dickish :-)

I have to take issue with you on that point. I have never liked white devices and I've never bought one from any manufacturer. For example, back in the day when the white iPod was the music player to have I bought a red Sony micro hard drive player that still works today.

If you like white, go for it, but it's not my cup of tea.

Guest Jaisan888

It's the trend, phonemobile industry going the way of the automobile industry, White is the new Black.............

NB: Whites and Blacks are not classified as colours, they are shades, colourless.

Guest unrandomsam

I don't really care about colour (Not in a way to pay a premium for any one anyway).

Don't really care about looks or weight either really. If it is fast and robust that is all I am bothered about.

Don't like paying silly money for £5 worth of flash either.

(Saw a bill of materials with manufacturing for the iphone 5 16GB which listed it at about $200).

I might get a Nexus 4 but 8GB only. Think that is at a fair price. (One of the few modern phones that I think is).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest trishmac
Don't really care about looks or weight either really. If it is fast and robust that is all I am bothered about

Fast , light and lovely the N4 is..but robust? Nope. While waiting on a bumper and a case, mines already has a tiny chip, and it lives in a pouch! Many reports of glass cracking with mere temperature changes too. That aside..you'll love it! :P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.