Slightly off topic: Hell yes.

Guest omegavesko

Guest omegavesko

Just got my Ingress beta invite. I haven't played very much of it, but it runs very well on the Skate so far.

I was worried about being able to run it myself, so I figured you guys would want to know.

Guest omegavesko

It's.. kind of hard to explain. Basically, it's an augmented reality game where you need to collect invisible matter (which you can see on your phone), and do something with portals (I haven't actually done it yet, I think you can "hack" them or whatever). The portals are pretty much just landmarks, there are very few of them right now, I understand they'll add more later. There are two sides, the Enlightened and the Resistance, though I have no idea which is which.

Here are some screenshots I took: http://imgur.com/a/r8Awe

Guest omegavesko

Oh, and apparently there is a feature that should let me hand out invites, but I don't have any to hand out yet. I think I may get them after I finish the tutorial mission, I'll let you guys know when I get some. :)

Edited by omegavesko

Guest razzmataz1478

Oh, and apparently there is a feature that should let me hand out invites, but I don't have any to hand out yet. I think I may get them after I finish the tutorial mission, I'll let you guys know when I get some. :)

Looks awesome, does it require internet?

Thanks man! Been looking at how to get one for a while lol

Wasn't really expecting the Skate to run it very smootly to be honest.

EDIT: You can fill this out to be added to a database for invites - no idea likelyhood of getting one is though. its only email address & location (optional)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dE95aVlGd0ZrUzg1Z2FpZDBwV0daT0E6MQ

Edited by Josh92

Guest omegavesko

Thanks man! Been looking at how to get one for a while lol

Wasn't really expecting the Skate to run it very smootly to be honest.

EDIT: You can fill this out to be added to a database for invites - no idea likelyhood of getting one is though. its only email address & location (optional)

https://docs.google....pZDBwV0daT0E6MQ

Yeah, it definitely runs better than I thought it would (though I didn't expect it to run at all, heh). That said, I've noticed it is pretty buggy, about 2 out of 3 times when I try to launch it, it just gives me a black screen. Even had to do a battery pull once.

Guest omegavesko

Managed to nab myself an invite :)

Will send some your guys way if I get any invites.

I wouldn't hold my breath. Haven't gotten any invites since I started playing. No idea what you need to do to get them.

Also, it seems to be getting progressively less stable the more I play it. Don't know if it's my ROM that's causing it, but about 4 out of 5 times it just goes to a black screen when I try to launch it. Even had to pull the battery a few times.

I wouldn't hold my breath. Haven't gotten any invites since I started playing. No idea what you need to do to get them.

Also, it seems to be getting progressively less stable the more I play it. Don't know if it's my ROM that's causing it, but about 4 out of 5 times it just goes to a black screen when I try to launch it. Even had to pull the battery a few times.

Yeah I'm finding it very hard to play on the Skate tbh, runs lovely on my Nex7 but don't have Internet on that so can't really play it lol.

Tbh I'm getting very fed up with my Skate now - the devs have done an amazing job with it but it's hardware is just not up to scratch for me now, constantly lagging behind just too much regardless of rom etc. Going to pick up a Nexus 4 when I can, pretty expensive but what you get its peanuts, want a phone that'll last & work well during that time.

Planning on keeping my Skate for tinkering purposes when I have the time though. :)

Guest omegavesko

Yeah I'm finding it very hard to play on the Skate tbh, runs lovely on my Nex7 but don't have Internet on that so can't really play it lol.

Tbh I'm getting very fed up with my Skate now - the devs have done an amazing job with it but it's hardware is just not up to scratch for me now, constantly lagging behind just too much regardless of rom etc. Going to pick up a Nexus 4 when I can, pretty expensive but what you get its peanuts, want a phone that'll last & work well during that time.

Planning on keeping my Skate for tinkering purposes when I have the time though. :)

Yeah, the skate is a nice phone, but it's definitely showing its age. Unfortunately I'm stuck on mine until 2014. :/

Yeah, the skate is a nice phone, but it's definitely showing its age. Unfortunately I'm stuck on mine until 2014. :/

Damn! Always avoided contracts. Least you'll probably be able to get a good 4G phone by then & coverage & cost will be much better.

Depending on where you live obviously.

Guest omegavesko

Damn! Always avoided contracts. Least you'll probably be able to get a good 4G phone by then & coverage & cost will be much better.

Depending on where you live obviously.

Yeah, I'll be very very surprised if we get LTE here by then. That said, with how fast hardware is advancing, I could get something like the Galaxy Nexus or the Nexus 4 for very cheap at that point.

Guest YanaArt

omegavesko, you can run Ingress on ZTE Skate? I've received invite for Ingress few days ago, today I bought ZTE Skate exactly for playing Ingress. But Google Market tells that application is incompatible with my device. Is it possible to run Ingress on ZTE Skate? If yes - what I need to do to install and run the game?

Guest omegavesko

omegavesko, you can run Ingress on ZTE Skate? I've received invite for Ingress few days ago, today I bought ZTE Skate exactly for playing Ingress. But Google Market tells that application is incompatible with my device. Is it possible to run Ingress on ZTE Skate? If yes - what I need to do to install and run the game?

Huh, it appears you're right. It was compatible when I installed it, but now the market tells me it isn't.

I think you still might be able to play if you find an APK somewhere. As you can see though, it doesn't look like the game runs very well after all.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah new versions are incompatible, don't think much has changed so if you find the old apk it should work, but it doesn't run well. I wouldn't bother if I were you.

Edited by Josh92