NFC U8815

Guest blademaster123

Guest tcpaulh

It's not in UK models. You'd need the U8815N

Hardware for it is partially in the battery cover.

Also note the two pins next to the sim

Support could also have been removed from the board and in software.

huawei_g300_19.jpg

Guest hippy dave

yeah those two pins jutting out next to the sim aren't present in my uk phone (just empty holes), so i guess there's enough missing hardware that it's not something that could be effectively added back in. sadly not as easy as just replacing the battery cover.

edit: also, didn't know that smaller sims can be used with this phone. nifty.

Edited by hippy dave

Guest Davidoff59

The holes are there for those 2 pins along with what looks like a copper strip. Chance are they are just sprung contacts and may work. After all, in stock B886, there was a nfc app running in the background. Wouldn't b that hard to test if we had a rear cover.

Guest Alkapton

Ahh, I answer my own question - toutch communication bit like bluetooth. Just got a couple of apps and tried em to see what happens... One thinks I am ht desire (thanks to our Daz) and can actually turn bluetooth on and off.

Maybe all that is missing is a loop of wire like an arial, I'd give it a go but I don't know where is something my phone can toutch to test. Perhaps someone here is willing to test and knows something to toutch.

Guest Alkapton

z-device test says there is no nfc hardware.

Probably there is none, but maybe someone like Daz could try turning it on in manifest and run z-device test again to see for sure.