Extended Battery and cover?

Guest psionandy

Guest psionandy

Partly because of the excellent work by some of the Rom Devs here, I find my self using my g300 more than i did a few months ago. So I'm wondering if anyone has actually purchase an extended battery. Theres a few threads here from a while back, but nobody had actually got one yet.

So if you have, how does it compare to the standard one? are you happy with it? and if so where from and how much?

Guest Jamie :)

I did! I don't have it anymore though, got a different phone. Ordered mine from bestbattery.biz and it took 20 days to arrive! (apparently, it was sold out in the UK and had to come from HK - Which I personally don't believe).

In the time I had it, it lasted ages, didn't explode and was actually quite good! If you're a heavy user I'd recommend it. The paint on the cover is bad though and rubs off in pockets sometimes.

• 3 weeks later...

Been running this 3600mAh battery for 4 weeks now in my wifes U8815

She's been using her U8815 since June mainly for work so we have fairly consistant use pattern.

She was getting one days use before needing a charge.

Now with the 3600mAh battery shes getting 4 days use before needing a charge.

comp_zps29a7fcf0.jpg

Yes it's bulkier but for a handbag phone not really a problem. got it from

http://stores.ebay.c...5&submit=Search

Guest G-razer

I've heard in general these 3rd party batteries don't tend to have the life of genuine ones (less recharge cycles before they stop holding an effective charge), so I recommend getting in the habit of rotating your batteries. ie. You'll know when you want a lighter, slimmer phone out with you and you're not going to be away from home for too long, or if you're on a long journey and need more juice from the fatter battery to watch videos on the way. If you put your genuine battery on a shelf out of the way and the charge trickles down over time you'll have no battery when you need to go back to it, and since the only way round that is remembering to 2/3rds charge it every month, you'll agree that route is a lot of hassle.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest priortak

thanks all, I just ordered one.

does anyone knows where I can get a gel back protector for the extended battery? I cant find any that fits the 3600mah battery, only the original...

Guest Umrtvovacz

I got mine from batterybay.net/ and had it delivered from Singapore to Czech Republic in less than week.

This is picture of it after about 2-3 months of use. You can clearly see the surface layer being rubbed off, especially on corners and edges. I have dropped the phone multiple times and while the extended battery rarely stayed inside the phone, there was no damage done to neither phone nor battery/cover. I have even accidentally kind of thrown my phone...

I am very satisfied with it.

post-986524-0-71577500-1356556549_thumb.

post-986524-0-61968700-1356556555_thumb.

Guest priortak

I got mine from batterybay.net/ and had it delivered from Singapore to Czech Republic in less than week.

This is picture of it after about 2-3 months of use. You can clearly see the surface layer being rubbed off, especially on corners and edges. I have dropped the phone multiple times and while the extended battery rarely stayed inside the phone, there was no damage done to neither phone nor battery/cover. I have even accidentally kind of thrown my phone...

I am very satisfied with it.

is this the one you ordered?

http://www.batterybay.net/Extended-Battery-for-Huawei-U8815-p/huawei%20-cs-hu8815wl.htm

can you specify the work time? does it overheat or has any other bugs?

• 4 months later...
Guest george109

Been running this 3600mAh battery for 4 weeks now in my wifes U8815

She's been using her U8815 since June mainly for work so we have fairly consistant use pattern.

She was getting one days use before needing a charge.

Now with the 3600mAh battery shes getting 4 days use before needing a charge.

comp_zps29a7fcf0.jpg

Yes it's bulkier but for a handbag phone not really a problem. got it from

http://stores.ebay.c...5&submit=Search

Wow! I never realised that it needed such a big back! Sadly, that means that I can't buy that one as it would just be too clunky...

• 4 weeks later...