New OTA Update B952 announced by Vodafone for 28/11/12

Guest Huaweian

@Yaqh no issues for me everything seems smoother in the update and performance has shot up.

nice one.i hope its better than my current rm.what baseband where you on before this update?

Guest sillygoose0

I installed b952 this morning i have about 30 apps installed antutu benchmark was pretty impressive memory management seemed really nice also.

Screenshot_2012_11_28_13_12_14.jpg

Hmm I think I will stick with my clean 940 repack in that case!

Screenshot_2012_11_28_18_35_43.jpg

Guest Davidoff59

shadow1203, please don't dive in head first without checking how deep the water is first.

Flash via CWM recovery. Change the .app back to .zip. Read the sticky posts if you need info on how to install CWM recovery.

Guest henrythedog

Updated mine to the b952D about 30 mins ago from the leaked b936 english that was available a few months back. Seems to have improved memory management a bit, used to get only around 30MB free RAM, now get around 120MB or so... am only using android assistant for the comparison of both the figures above, but does seem improved responsiveness too. Don;t get me wrong, it still seems to lag a little when opening some apps, but my first impression is that it's not too bad and will most likely keep me happy until cm10 now :)

Guest tcpaulh

Did you have a look at the files? The best part for me, and I am still laughing now, is the fact that for some unknown reason there seems to be a Czech pdf usermanual INSIDE the system/media folder. The vodafone staff have clearly added files to that folder because there is an shutdown animation but they also decided to throw a pdf in the system partition for good measure. :P

Nice touch Vodafone :)

Guest krishang3

Benchmarks are the source for douchebags... benchmark doesn't prove much... and cyda is there a repack for this patch where I can download?

Edited by krishang3

Guest Dazzozo

Benchmarks are he source for douchebags... benchmark doesn't. KT prove much... and cyda is there a repack for this patch where I can download?

Goodly sentence? :P

Guest Feahnor

The method works flawlessly from my experience, I've used it on almost every repack. Plus every single custom rom on here has that fix included.

What method? Can you post a link to it?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hogweed

Got a friend's G300 which he wants to try CM10 on. It is currently running UK Vodafone B952 stock via OTA. I notice a number of posts about people getting appboot signature errors with B952 and then being completely stuck. Can anyone confirm that B952 can be both rooted and bootloader unlocked using the same tools as earlier ICS versions before I try it - especially as it is not my phone.

I've never had B952 on my own G300. Fairly confident rooting should work but would like confirmation from someone who has actually done it that the standard bootloader unlocks work and doesn't brick the phone.

If anyone got past the appboot signature error could you say how you did it?

Edited by Hogweed

Guest krishang3
Got a friend's G300 which he wants to try CM10 on. It is currently running UK Vodafone B952 stock via OTA. I notice a number of posts about people getting appboot signature errors with B952 and then being completely stuck. Can anyone confirm that B952 can be both rooted and bootloader unlocked using the same tools as earlier ICS versions before I try it - especially as it is not my phone.

I've never had B952 on my own G300. Fairly confident rooting should work but would like confirmation from someone who has actually done it that the standard bootloader unlocks work and doesn't brick the phone.

if you are not sure, force update it to b936 using the NZ update.app file and then root and unlock. That way your more confident (:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kar999

I just followed section 3 of this thread (thanks to timethrow and others) without any problems to root on OTA Vodafone B952 ICS,

Section 3: Rooting, CWModing and Unlocking your bootloader on any ICS firmware.

This method will root your device as well as install CWM and unlock the bootloader

http://www.modaco.co...with-downloads/

I used this toolkit from the thread.

"Ice Cream Sandwich (Upgrade and Downgrade) Toolkit (v1.0.6b - 19092012): Click here to download the zip file."

Edited by kar999