Feahnor

Feahnor

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade S, Huawei G300
  • Twitter:@jmphotos

The method works flawlessly from my experience, I've used it on almost every repack. Plus every single custom rom on here has that fix included.

What method? Can you post a link to it?

Smiff2

Smiff2

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Devices:Blade, U8510, G300
so this Wednesday we got a pretty good ROM? ;)

accyuklad

accyuklad

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
i already updated to this now and just shame i cant remove the trial games or shop vodafone

krishang3

krishang3

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Interests:lots
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

Goodly sentence? :P

Oh my dunking good if god... I realized i made a few Little spelling errors , lol

Edited by krishang3, 29 November 2012 - 06:32 PM.

Thanks, If I helped in anyway don't forget to rep me :)

Hogweed

Hogweed

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
Got a friend's G300 which he wants to try CM10 on. It is currently running UK Vodafone B952 stock via OTA. I notice a number of posts about people getting appboot signature errors with B952 and then being completely stuck. Can anyone confirm that B952 can be both rooted and bootloader unlocked using the same tools as earlier ICS versions before I try it - especially as it is not my phone.

I've never had B952 on my own G300. Fairly confident rooting should work but would like confirmation from someone who has actually done it that the standard bootloader unlocks work and doesn't brick the phone.

If anyone got past the appboot signature error could you say how you did it?

Edited by Hogweed, 12 December 2012 - 11:40 PM.

krishang3

krishang3

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Interests:lots

Got a friend's G300 which he wants to try CM10 on. It is currently running UK Vodafone B952 stock via OTA. I notice a number of posts about people getting appboot signature errors with B952 and then being completely stuck. Can anyone confirm that B952 can be both rooted and bootloader unlocked using the same tools as earlier ICS versions before I try it - especially as it is not my phone.

I've never had B952 on my own G300. Fairly confident rooting should work but would like confirmation from someone who has actually done it that the standard bootloader unlocks work and doesn't brick the phone.

if you are not sure, force update it to b936 using the NZ update.app file and then root and unlock. That way your more confident (:

Thanks, If I helped in anyway don't forget to rep me :)

kar999

kar999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, ZTE Blade

I just followed section 3 of this thread (thanks to timethrow and others) without any problems to root on OTA Vodafone B952 ICS,

Section 3: Rooting, CWModing and Unlocking your bootloader on any ICS firmware.
This method will root your device as well as install CWM and unlock the bootloader

http://www.modaco.co...with-downloads/

I used this toolkit from the thread.

"Ice Cream Sandwich (Upgrade and Downgrade) Toolkit (v1.0.6b - 19092012): Click here to download the zip file."

Edited by kar999, 08 January 2013 - 10:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users