New Gmail app

Guest TangerineTractor

Guest TangerineTractor

Found this on xda-dev - new version of Gmail app, works well on g300 ICS roms - need to uninstall stock gmail app first - includes nice features like swiping to delete, pinch zoom etc, and doesn't expand conversations automatically. Thread here, I'm not going to post the apks directly.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1934081

There's also a black-themed one around, google for gmail 4.2 inverted...

Guest TangerineTractor

Have to say, after using this for a day, I've gone back to Aqua-mail - far more reliable, configuarable and quicker to recieve and process, works properly with IMAP idle, and has far better view/display options. If you're a gmail user and don't require threaded conversational views, then Aqua-mail is a brilliant option - free, so give it a try!

Guest Rico_89

Have to say, after using this for a day, I've gone back to Aqua-mail - far more reliable, configuarable and quicker to recieve and process, works properly with IMAP idle, and has far better view/display options. If you're a gmail user and don't require threaded conversational views, then Aqua-mail is a brilliant option - free, so give it a try!

I use K9 myself but I'll checkout Aqua too.

Guest TangerineTractor

I use K9 myself but I'll checkout Aqua too.

I would. K9 is a bit "rough round the edges" for me, and aqua does a much neater job, and displays html mails etc much better. The amount of config you can do in advanced mode is immense.

Guest hippy dave

If anyone has this installed, there's a newer update available officially now from the Play store. You can't update to it from this version as the signatures are different, so you need to uninstall this one then install the one from the play store.

Guest omegavesko
If anyone has this installed, there's a newer update available officially now from the Play store. You can't update to it from this version as the signatures are different, so you need to uninstall this one then install the one from the play store.

Confirmed, the one on the play store is now 4.2. Some people are saying the update is 4.0+ only, but I can't be arsed to check.