strange problem on g300 with led flash

Guest steveuk23

Guest steveuk23

hi

I have a ascend g300 and its no the latest Vodafone stock firmware 4.0.3 b952 and never been routed

I've noticed a problem with the led flash when I'm no normal camera mode the flash is stuck on the off position and nothing happens when I press to turn it on or auto

but when I'm on video camera mode it works fine

I've only had the phone 2 weeks and it did work I think it happened after one of the updates

has anyone any ideas?

I do fancy putting that infusion rom on which would probably solve it but the guides are about 6 months old and i I'm on a different firmware to what they mention so not sure if I'm safe to do it and I wasn't sure which rom is the one I have now in case I wanted to go back

I feel daft as I've jailbroken loads of iPhone's but there just seems so many options and rom's

cheers for any info

Guest steveuk23

sorry the guide I read was from about April time I meant

I noticed there was a new version so would that guide still apply even though I'm on a newer stock rom

I'm guessing go good to go as I'm no 2030 baseband

thanks for the help

Guest steveuk23

hi sorry predictive txt on the phone changed the word from on to no lol yeah I'm on 2030 so is that all I need to install a custom rom does the current firmware not matter cheers