[PORT][GB] Swedish Snow - Fully working.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Presenting another build for the ZTE Crescent!

Swedish Snow is based on Stock 2.3.5 and was ported from the ZTE Blade (Thanks to C3C0 for his port of the original ROM for the ZTE Skate by Konsta T). I'd also like to thank Raverrr for FNC as this ROM used that as a base and finally I'd like to thank XMasterNinni for his portingtool.

Special thanks to BLu3HaZe for helping me out and giving me the inspiration to attempt this.

Works for the Orange San Francisco II

(Will probably work for other Crescent variants with the appropriate kernel flashed straight after the ROM is flashed)

I wanted a ROM which ran stock GB (2.3.5) and was fully working and included an extended power menu (Screenshot/reboot menu) so i ported this and luckily enough it came out perfect (Near enough).

This ROM is basically stock Gingerbread with a few extra features such as an extended power menu and root access. It's very smooth and I'm currently overclocked on 122-921 mhz ONDEMAND.

Working:

• Mobile data
  • calls/texts
  • WiFi
  • Superuser
  • Front/Rear camera
  • flash on camera
  • camcorder
  • USB mass storage
  • pretty much anything I've tested has worked.

Not working:

• Not sure- Everything seems fine apart from front camera being upside down.

Known 'problems':

The splash screen is the Fish N Chips one which I created as this ROM is based on FNC. - FIXED- Flash this; https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5IQUxhoTn2XSy05US0wZmZkeUE if you wish to go back to the default splash image, I created it today and it works fine.

Front camera upside down.

This ROM is absolutely tiny too, I have it installed with all 90 of my apps (with a2sd) and I have 130mb left on internal and 80mb left on system.

You can install this by;

[*]Shoving a copy of the ROM onto your SD card.

[*]Boot into recovery.

[*]Wipe data

[*]Wipe cache

[*]Wipe advanced/dalvik cache

[*]Go to install zip from sd card

[*]Choose zip.

[*]Locate this ROM.

[*]Install.

[*]Reboot.

[*]Enjoy.

Thanks.

http://crescent.theb...2-a2sd-ext3.zip

If you need a2sd scripts;

http://www.mediafire...si85412sn84iaa1 (Thanks to Ninjehkitteh)

If you want a nice boot animation;

^Both links taken from the CM9 thread by Dazzozo^

In case you have forgotten what stock Gingerbread looks like;

post-959444-0-16307800-1354650282_thumb. post-959444-0-89759400-1354651189_thumb. post-959444-0-98736200-1354651225_thumb. post-959444-0-00497300-1354651201_thumb. post-959444-0-76797400-1354651248_thumb.

And here are a few extras;

https://docs.google....cWx6MWFTcDF0MkU

ICS Sounds (Found it on XDA)-

https://docs.google....S0FNazdKR2poOXM

ICS Fonts (Again, found on XDA)-

And I also did a quick tweak on a the theme of the ROM on the Theme Kitchen. Feel free to check it out.

https://docs.google....TkFHaUxNV201S3c

And if you flash the theme but dislike it here is an 'undo' zip-

https://docs.google....djU5OTE3ekl1Wkk

I also had a mess around on TickleMyPickle and made the notification bar have the ICS signal/wifi/battery;

https://docs.google....U25FWklmTnJUSWs

Here's a few screenshots of what the ICS theme tweak (The other theme tweak is just a HTC Sense/AOSP Gingerbread mix);

post-959444-0-88116600-1354659472_thumb.post-959444-0-09468300-1354659482_thumb.

Hope you enjoy this.

Edited by CurtisAndroidSF2

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Thanks for that. I tried flashing the flipped OSF2 kernel earlier but nothing changed. My camera preview looks fine but the actual photo comes out upside down.

Guest BLu3HaZe

Awesome work Curtis, well done! :) Just got back after a long day and I'm going to check this out in a bit, will report back on anything else, if there is.

And will see what's possible with the front cam, never had a use of mine until now..

Maybe you could list down which CM/custom features are there too on this so people would know the difference from stock in functionality?

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Thanks and ill sort the front camera out asap. Especially now we may have a use for it ey, its going to be a nice surprise for you all!

And ill do that when I get back from my girlfriends tonight. I'm also going to have another go at porting AtomicMod with FNC as the base this time so it may work as well as this ROM!

Thanks for the replies.

Guest Dovahpig

You are saying

Swedish Snow is based on Stock 2.3.5 and was ported from the ZTE Blade

The splash screen is the Fish N Chips one which I created as this ROM is based on FNC.

So which one is it?

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

I meant that the actual ROM is based on the Android OS (Stock/AOSP) 2.3.5 but I used the FNC ROM by Raverrr as the actual base. I just didn't word it properly. I'll change it.

Guest Dovahpig

Really nice rom, everything working, even front camera is ok and not flipped.

I've deleted a few unnecessary that i dont use from it and its perfect. Congrats.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

I'm not too sure. I have nothing to test Bluetooth with but Bluetooth was an issue in Fish N Chips (This ROM uses FNC as a base) so the issue may still be present- But if that's the case then you can use the bluetooth fix from the FNC thread.

Sorry I can't give a definite answer.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for this port. I have Swedish Snow on my SF1 and my wife has always wanted Swedish Snow on her SF2!

Unfortunately, the FM radio force closes the moment it is opened on the SF2. As this ROM is based on FNC, and as the FM radio works on FNC RLS7, would it be possible for you to "port" the FM Radio from FNC to this ROM?

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

You're welcome.

I'm not too sure. You could just drop the FM Radio apk from FNC into the SwedishSnow ROM zip and flash it. But it'll probably be a problem deeper than just the apk but its worth a shot.

Guest trotil

Very nice rom, stable, fast. Only issue Ihad is slow reaction of proximuty sensor. Auto brightnes working but lagy, in most situations brightnes is very low. I tyied to calibrate sensor but i get error.

You're welcome.

I'm not too sure. You could just drop the FM Radio apk from FNC into the SwedishSnow ROM zip and flash it. But it'll probably be a problem deeper than just the apk but its worth a shot.

Thank you for your advice. I dropped the FNC FM Radio apk into the Swedish Snow ROM zip as you suggested and re-flashed (after wiping everything as per original instructions), but the FNC FM Radio also force closes the moment it is started.

As you suspected, it is something deeper. Given that the FM Radio works on the Crescent with FNC RLS7, is there anything else I could do, bearing in mind I am not a developer and that I only have access to a Windows 7 PC? Failing that, would you be able to investigate further please?

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Thank you for your advice. I dropped the FNC FM Radio apk into the Swedish Snow ROM zip as you suggested and re-flashed (after wiping everything as per original instructions), but the FNC FM Radio also force closes the moment it is started.

As you suspected, it is something deeper. Given that the FM Radio works on the Crescent with FNC RLS7, is there anything else I could do, bearing in mind I am not a developer and that I only have access to a Windows 7 PC? Failing that, would you be able to investigate further please?

I'm not too sure then I'm afraid. I am very limited experience in Android development so I'm pretty much on par with you so I can't help! I'm also getting a new phone next week so I can't see this ROM being updated (Unless somebody wants to take over then that would be perfectly fine and I would encourage somebody to take over this for me).

Sorry again!

• 3 months later...