Jiayu G3 rooted / permanent recovery / ICS spell check fixed & Jelly Bean Update.

Guest putbinoot

Guest reganlives

Thanks mate that link works now but I ended up downloading a lot of it myself lol. I rooting and updated my phone yesterday and all went well. I used the latest version of binary though.

Guest putbinoot

Thanks mate that link works now but I ended up downloading a lot of it myself lol. I rooting and updated my phone yesterday and all went well. I used the latest version of binary though.

How do you change the binary and what was the reason behind it also have you tried to watch a movie of Google movies as I get a couldn't fetch licence error when I try.

Guest DroidOFr

Step 1: Root the G3

1) Connect your g3 activating USB debugging mode

2) Run the runme.bat in any case the file that ends is .bat : P

3) select option 1 and leave work

your G3 will reboot is normal

Or else follow this video:

Rooting the G3 can easily through these packaged: Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v15.zip

By following this video for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmVAQJnW10g

Check that you are in as root and SuperSu is installed, if not install it from the market

Step 2: Install a English recovery

1) Install MobileUncle Tools avaialble on market

2) Download: recovery_cwm5.5.0.4_ENG.img and put in the root of SD carrd

2) Open MobileUncle Tools

3) Click on update Recovery

4) Choose the recovery_cwm5.5.0.4_ENG.img and follow the instructions

5) And now you have a english recovery !

Step 2: Install JB 4.1.2

1) Download: JB G3, extract and put it in the root of the sd

2) Reboot into recovery (turn off your phone, and volume+power off or open mobileuncle tools and click on reboot into recovery mode)

3) Into recovery choose Install any zip from sdcard and choose JellyBeanJiayuG3.rar

4) leave work

5) There you are in JB 4.1.2 but in Chinese, do not panic, go to setting and then input languages ​​and choose your language

6) Do the same step from 1 to 4 for the: GAPPS

Step 3: Install the Lewa Touch Recovery

1) Open MobileUncle Tools

2) Download: recovery.img and put it in the root of the sd

3) Choose update Recovery

4) Choose recovery.img and follow the instructions

5) And now you have a very nice touch recovery, brand new, cute

device-2012-12-02-023457_modified.png

Here I hope this is explained and it was not too hard and sorry for my bad english :s

Tutorial Root+Recovery+JB On G3 - Frandroid - DroidO

Guest reganlives

Putinboot: I used the latest v18 of Binary as it had further updates and at the time I was unable to download the files using your link but it worked great with no issues. I havent tried Google movies yet, as I thought they're all paid for but if there's some free ones on there then will give it a try.

DroidOFr: is this the official JB update that you have found?? If so then can we not just update using the method we have already used and instead use the JB update file?

Guest DroidOFr

hi reganlives,

i'm not sure its an official but works great for me i have found it in chinese or deutch forum i don't remeber, but any problem, all is working!

what method are you talking about?

Has anyone tested their GPS btw and been able to get a lock? I'm not having any luck.

I used fastergps to fix it on europe and then you can try gps test. It works great.

Guest FrankieADZ

has anyone tried the Jelly Bean version yet?

I didnt think it was out for the G3 yet?

well the official 1 anyway

Edited by FrankieADZ

Guest FrankieADZ

Look my tutorial on p3, i turn on JB and it's works great for me!

i havent rooted or put custom recovery on my G3. i dont intend to until the official JB is out.

Guest putbinoot

Has anyone tested their GPS btw and been able to get a lock? I'm not having any luck.

did you test before kernel change. My mistake when you said binary I thought you meant the kernel not the Bin4ry script which I seen is updated to v18. Edited by putbinoot

Guest putbinoot

I used fastergps to fix it on europe and then you can try gps test. It works great.

I thought that programme updated GPS. Conf which I did not think the G3 had.

@Putbinoot thanks for all the wonderful work you have done here, I'm definitely gonna try and grab a Jiayu g3 now :D

P.s. do you have a Huawei ascend g300? If you do, could you do a side by side comparison of the G300 and the Jiayu. Maybe just post some images or even a video if you have the time. Thanks :lol:

Guest FrankieADZ

@Putbinoot thanks for all the wonderful work you have done here, I'm definitely gonna try and grab a Jiayu g3 now :D

P.s. do you have a Huawei ascend g300? If you do, could you do a side by side comparison of the G300 and the Jiayu. Maybe just post some images or even a video if you have the time. Thanks :lol:

hi,

I think Putbinoot did...with his youtube video on the G3 :)

here:

Guest reganlives

did you test before kernel change. My mistake when you said binary I thought you meant the kernel not the Bin4ry script which I seen is updated to v18.

Yeh mate I did test it before I updated the phone but it didnt get a lock. I'm going to run a better test when I get a chance and give it plenty of time to lock onto any sat's with a clear view of the sky. I'll try that app as well.

Guest reganlives

Ok, I've just tried faster GPS which I thought was actually a good program as the ntp server wasnt set but I've still not managed to get a lock on any sats even with the assisted gps active. I'm indoors near a window at the moment so that may be the issue but my old nokia x6 would get a lock in the same conditions.

Ok, I've just tried faster GPS which I thought was actually a good program as the ntp server wasnt set but I've still not managed to get a lock on any sats even with the assisted gps active. I'm indoors near a window at the moment so that may be the issue but my old nokia x6 would get a lock in the same conditions.

take a look:

http://www.jiayumobileshop.com/blog/the-gps-problem-about-jiayug3.html

Guest h@mster81

G3 was struggling to get locked.

I tried this:

• installed Faster GPS and added UK server
  • enabled and updated EPO and AGPS
  • ran mobileuncle - YGPS (information tab, pressed cold than full)

Guest putbinoot

faster fix alters gps.conf but the g3 does not have this file so not sure how it sets the agps info, can't remember if you are root but if you are then start mobileuncle/engineer mode MTK/YGPRS and see if it picks up satellites. If not we can compare settings in and around here to see if something has been changed by mistake in here. Make sure you are outside when you try this. Edited by putbinoot