What is the best rom for our device?

Guest shea83

Hi, I started this topic hoping to get an answer :-P ... What do you think is the best rom for our device?

(battery Life, stability..)

Now I have a CM7.2 Final V2..it's a good ROM, but the battery consumption is a bit high.

I'v tried MIUI Final, Best battery duration but not very stable and fast...

The CM9 it's a little slow...

what rom do you use?

Thanks in advance for your answers ;-) (sorry for my bad english :-P )

Guest Master_T

The fastest GB rom is probably LN 1.9.2, very good battery drain too.

MIUI is also good, but a bit heavier (well, it does also "look good" compared to CM, so it's a trade-off)

If you want anything more stable/less draining you'll have to resort to Froyo Roms, but you will loose some of the features (for example, most of them (all?) don't support voltage change, so you won't be able to overclock very much).

Guest alboz83

Now i'm using CM7.2 of youpi666 and seems very good for stability, battery life and all works (but i don't like cm7 look).

CM7.2 v1 or v2 are faster but high battery drain.

Miui Final is beautiful, great look, stable e all works, but after a while tends to slow down due to the ram.

CM9 is better for look, with rc1 and repack very stable and inside applications very fast, but in general it's little slow, open applications is slow, camera and camcorder don't works well. The problems is that if i use applications that remain open in ram (whatsapp, viber, facebook, hd widgets for example), the rom use more swap and the system becomes slower.

I think that the fastest ROM is the official bin 2.1 and the battery lasts a lot. The problem is that it has the old android market.

If you want to have a ROM with the play store try LCR-F or LN1.9.2

Guest Thmz159

LiquidNext 1.9.2 has proven that Gingerbread can be fully stable and functional on our device. And Gingerbread + full ICS theme and Holo Launcher = awesome :) (unfortunately there's no LiquidNext with CM7.2, but we already have got much from the devs :) )