• 1,106 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Tech and Canoeing
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505
Some merimobiles promo codes for you:
HTC - $15 off all HTC products
350 - Get 6% off orders over $350
TABS - Get $10 off on tablets over $200

All of these codes are only available for 48 hours :(

Now, you have no excuses to not buy a new Chinese phone and tablet at the same time! :P ( but maybe apart from being disowned by the Mrs! :lol: )

Edited by george109, 17 September 2013 - 11:03 PM.

Hello. I have an S4 now, and I hardly ever use MoDaCo now. 

Therefore you will receive no replies to any PMs

Please post in the forum instead. You will get more help there :)

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Spoiler

My Device:

Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) - Sold!

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Black) - The LTE Version - GT-I9505

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Download Blink, a great app that controls the status LED on the G300!

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

(If not, Press it anyway!)

If I really helped you, you could also donate to me. Thanks!  :) 

metal.mickey

metal.mickey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Devices:Newman K1a
thanks Dalyer,

Ive got ES3 and couldnt find the option. sorted now and file edited,

will check gps now

SG8

SG8

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Devices:Mlais MX59

Delighted with it, except for the GPS thing which hopefully might be sorted (but I am sceptical, even though lots of people are saying it works).

Tried the GPS fix (editing the build.prop) but a strange thing occurs, google maps does not pick up the GPS at all, but Sygic works ?!!?

Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Vega,Nexus5,MK808,Moto g,CX919
I'm considering getting either a Xiaocai X9 or THL W200 and wondered whether anyone who has these phones can advise if they are capable of reliable Miracast/screen mirroring?
Is there an option for this in their implementation of 4.2.1?
I understand that the 4.2.2 Miracast is considered to be more stable just wanted to know how they cope with 4.2.1.
Thanks

metal.mickey

metal.mickey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
GPS UPDATE:

All is well and the google maps/navigation software works a treat.
i bought the phone inspite of the reported gp short commings and now that its working i feel like ive won the lottery.

i gotta say this phone rocks.

Pros:
super fast Lewa Rom and chipset
brilliant screen resolution
5.3 inch screen seems to be the limit of my thumb dexterity. i can just about reach the menu hard key with one hand
2 days of operation with one charge (2000 mah battery)
fully operational gps
easily rooted for a novice (Eroot)
really good camera in normal conditions

Cons
Screen aint great in bright sunlight
volume of external speaker for vid playback a bit low.
average camera in dark

SG8

SG8

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Devices:Mlais MX59

GPS UPDATE:

All is well and the google maps/navigation software works a treat.
i bought the phone inspite of the reported gp short commings and now that its working i feel like ive won the lottery.

i gotta say this phone rocks.

Which phone is it ??

Am guessing the NEWMAN K1A ?? D'oh!

Edited by SG8, 18 September 2013 - 01:57 PM.

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4S Xiaocai X9 THL W200
Mickey what sort of screen on time do you get?

metal.mickey

metal.mickey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
ive been leaving it at home recently as i work in a really dusty gritty environment, but using it continuously when i get home from work. Ill give you an accurate breakdown when my skin/wallet arrives.

Yes the K1a is great, i checked the antutu scores and its maginally less than the Xiacai although the 2 phones compare quite well although mine has the bigger screen so im guessing the pixel density isnt quite as sharp.

MM

Iscjedak

Iscjedak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi. I've seen that large number of forum members have xiaocai x9 but nobody wrote a review. I'm interested primarily in build quality and the "feel" of the phone. Design is spot on for me just concerned that it may feel "chinesy". If anyone could shed some light on this subject i'd be grateful.

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts
It's very light, feels good though and even though it has a Samsung esque flimsy back cover its not creaky at all for me. Just bear in mind it costs less than 100. The screen is beautiful. You won't be disappointed.

Sere83

Sere83

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
Check this out, kogan rebranding an MT6589 device for £150.... also says it supports 3G (850 / 1900 / 2100)

http://www.engadget....k-ii/#continued

Edited by Sere83, 18 September 2013 - 09:22 PM.

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts
Why anyone would pay for that when the w200 is 20quid less is beyond me?

Speaking of which after a lot of umming and ahhing over buying a W200 I have finally took the plunge. On pre-order at merimobiles and dealsprime I wasn't sure where I could trust ordering from. In the end I went with dealextreme even though i have heard varying reports about them.

I spoke to them on live chat on Tuesday night asked them to confirm it was in stock and if they could speed up shipping rather than the 7-10 days the site says. They promised it would be done so I ordered at 10.30 Tuesday night, by 5pm Wednesday (today) I had a tracking number.

If it comes quickly and has no problems I will be amazed at how good they have been...wish me luck guys.

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,742 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w

Check this out, kogan rebranding an MT6589 device for £150.... also says it supports 3G (850 / 1900 / 2100)

http://www.engadget....k-ii/#continued

Huge difference between US and UK stores
£150 is $242

In US store it is $189
$53 difference
WTF?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

logo-telekineza.png 

Coolpad F1 software and stuff 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

invertedgoatie

invertedgoatie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Devices:TMV G300

Huge difference between US and UK stores
£150 is $242

In US store it is $189
$53 difference
WTF?

Over here we call it 'Rip Off Britain'....

For the same price as the THLW200 I bought, you could get this junk heap instead advertised on the carphonewarehouse.

http://www.gsmarena...._s6810-5279.php

It's even worse than my G300 I bought last year which I'm replacing now.

Edited by invertedgoatie, 18 September 2013 - 11:23 PM.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts
It's just a preview article - maybe they got the non $ prices wrong?

Edit - oh - maybe not....

AUD$199: http://www.kogan.com...ore-smartphone/
GBP£149: http://www.kogan.com...ore-smartphone/
US$189: http://www.kogan.com...ore-smartphone/

Edited by dalyer, 19 September 2013 - 08:24 AM.

invertedgoatie

invertedgoatie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
THL W200 arrived. All I can say is WOW. I can't believe I ever used any other android phone for so long. It truely feels like a top of the range device. Mine came with two batteries, additional back cover that goes over the regular back cover and quite a good quality screen protector.

Absolute breeze to root it, don't think I will install any ROM's on it as the stock ROM seems very sweet, fast smooth responsive with no chinese bloat or kack. So far so good.

My only issue is the size of it. I'm a bit concerned it'll have a tendancy to slip out of pockets...

Edited by invertedgoatie, 19 September 2013 - 08:50 AM.

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts
Wear trousers with bigger pockets problem solved. :)

Where did you order yours from is the protective case/cover standard in the box from thl or is it an addition from somewhere?

Can't wait for mine to come I'll definitely root it though just because I will want to tweak gps to perfection. It seems to work well with the normal EPO enabling etc but I'd rather make sure.

invertedgoatie

invertedgoatie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Wear trousers with bigger pockets problem solved. :)

Where did you order yours from is the protective case/cover standard in the box from thl or is it an addition from somewhere?

Can't wait for mine to come I'll definitely root it though just because I will want to tweak gps to perfection. It seems to work well with the normal EPO enabling etc but I'd rather make sure.

Got mine from by auction from a UK fleabay seller called betty-mall. Good thing about this of course is there isn't any risk like when you order from China, also no worry about getting slapped with import tax either. Mine took only 2 working days to arrive. Another plus as I HATE waiting for my gadgets! Oh and yeah, the hard back case it came with was already in the box, as was the screen protector. The only thing that came outside the box was the UK power plug.

I'm honestly chuffed with this phone, hit here for simple instructions on how to root and install CWM http://www.pandawill...00-root-and-CWM :D

Edited by invertedgoatie, 19 September 2013 - 10:33 AM.

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts
I've already got everything set to root etc thanks as it's no different to Xiaocai except for recovery image. I had a look at that sellers other phones but I would have ended up paying more than the 127 I have paid from DX. Got a shipping number in less than 24 hours so shouldn't be too long to arrive I hope :)

invertedgoatie

invertedgoatie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Great. Looks like I bricked my device. I restored my backups in Titanium, rebooted and now I can't get past the THL boot logo. Shi*....

Edited by invertedgoatie, 19 September 2013 - 01:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users