3403 replies to this topic

Costy88031

Costy88031

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8815 Ascend G300

update today on my zte v955 phone, been ripped off, china seller sent me a screen protector and no phone completely ripped off, should paypal give me a refund?? ive put a claim in

What option for delivery you selected when you ordered the phone?
Anyone of you know a forum with a similar discussion? Because I want to sell my G300 for an upgrade with a chinese phone but I see that to buy from China is very risky and I want to read more opinions

Edited by Costy88031, 21 March 2013 - 12:28 PM.

jez794

jez794

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Moto g, UG007
Loads of options on banggood.com, heard pretty good things about the site on xda too. this looks interesting http://www.banggood....ne-p-66337.html

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,857 posts
  • Interests:Alien Life
  • Devices:Moto X

Loads of options on banggood.com, heard pretty good things about the site on xda too. this looks interesting http://www.banggood....ne-p-66337.html

i would seriously avoid that company, they totally lied to me and then attempted to not refund me for two weeks...

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,857 posts
so, both phones where delivered today...
and i must say i'm quite impressed, first thing i noticed is that the build quality feels very solid and is much thinner than i expected

here are some roughly took pictures, nexus 4 is on the right on all pics (for comparison)

will take some better ones once i pick my daughter up from school

Attached File  DSC07878.JPG   181.38KB   108 downloads Attached File  DSC07883.JPG   216.51KB   109 downloads Attached File  DSC07884.JPG   169.89KB   98 downloads Attached File  IMG_20130321_123113_566.jpg   69.67KB   98 downloads Attached File  IMG_20130321_130837_985.jpg   140.36KB   97 downloads Attached File  IMG_20130321_135534_818.jpg   120.96KB   84 downloads

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,857 posts
first let down about the china phones (and i see this a lot) is the battery is not the size they say its is....

manufacture says its 2800mAh on the battery

retailers in china say its really 2200mAh (most websites i looked at)

so after checking myself, i was quite shocked to find its only 1500mAh... but it comes with two battery's, so not to bad ?

the app i used to check is definitely legit as it reports the nexus 4 as having 2100mAh (which is correct)

H7500----------------------------------------------------Nexus 4

Attached File  Screenshot_2013-03-21-16-16-25.png   147.03KB   69 downloads Attached File  Screenshot_2013-03-21-16-12-24.png   162.65KB   69 downloads

PCTechRoss

PCTechRoss

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Mobile Phones, Game Development
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 4G

first let down about the china phones (and i see this a lot) is the battery is not the size they say its is....

manufacture says its 2800mAh on the battery

retailers in china say its really 2200mAh (most websites i looked at)

so after checking myself, i was quite shocked to find its only 1500mAh... but it comes with two battery's, so not to bad ?

the app i used to check is definitely legit as it reports the nexus 4 as having 2100mAh (which is correct)

H7500----------------------------------------------------Nexus 4

Attached File  Screenshot_2013-03-21-16-16-25.png   147.03KB   69 downloads Attached File  Screenshot_2013-03-21-16-12-24.png   162.65KB   69 downloads

What app is this?

Check out Blooops & Sam Adventures

1a2dad00f5.png0b2f5277f1.png

Click the icon

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,884 posts

so, both phones where delivered today...
and i must say i'm quite impressed

They do look impressive! I can't wit to get a jiayu G4 myself, my brothers G2 has amazing build quality and performance even for a dual core device, so a quad core version will be fantastic!

Edited by kyan31, 23 March 2013 - 12:18 PM.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts
  • Devices:Haier W910, Coolpad F1 8297W

Edited by dalyer, 21 March 2013 - 10:19 PM.

blaster99999

blaster99999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Tech hacking gaming, motor sport , snooker
  • Devices:g300/ v970/vowney v5
That's a small battery for a big screen will have to let us know how it goes

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,857 posts

That's a small battery for a big screen will have to let us know how it goes

after reading more about that app i used, i'm not sure it is 1500, as it says unsupported devices will not give an accurate mAh reading

NOT all phones report accurate mA - Check app web-site for more information for your phone

and this phone takes ages to fully charge, just like on the nexus 4...

will try to find out what it really is, how long it lasts should give an indication

blaster99999

blaster99999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
As long as you can get a full days use with a lot of us that's all that matters , what's everything else like, screen Res, speed , response , is it rooted, what apps work what dont

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,884 posts
...and does it have a recovery? I don't care what language it is, I could translate it myself after looking at a few tutorials :P

Edited by kyan31, 22 March 2013 - 07:14 PM.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

blaster99999

blaster99999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
http://www.ordersmax...smartphone.html

What you think has anyone heard of this company

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w
Another budget Huawei:

http://www.ADVERT LINK REMOVED.com/news/MetroPCS-introduces-the-Huawei-Premia-4G-priced-off-contract-for-149.99_id41089

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ZTE v987 China Rom Collection Telekineza.com Coolpad F1 software and stuff Huawei G300 Chinese Cuisine - Roms from far far away
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,857 posts

As long as you can get a full days use with a lot of us that's all that matters , what's everything else like, screen Res, speed , response , is it rooted, what apps work what dont

well, i played gta vice city for 15mins and it used 6% battery, before passing them on to my parents

build quality is excellent
1GB RAM
1280X720 (720p ISP DISPLAY)
implementation of jelly bean is very good (4.1.2) (everything works)
very fast and responsive, plays gta vice city with no problem
has WIFI Direct
camera is average, flashlight apps work

not came across any apps that did not work, all gameloft games showed in the play store
will update this after a couple of days see what they think of it, and what they dislike / how long the battery lasts

the recovery, is useless its in chines and only has an option to format data... the rest is just various hardware tests

once i root it, i will build clockworkmod for it though :)

will wait a couple of days and ask what the bad things about it are

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4S Xiaocai X9 THL W200
Tillaz I can't see in the thread what actual phone you ordered for your parents and how much it cost you? The pics look nice though!

bladebuddy

bladebuddy

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:All things outdoors , family and phone
  • Devices:zte blade + Huawei Ascend G300
What Chinese sellers do , with regarding high end torches is to advertise the maximum lumin power you can expect. Always takes into account using 2 batteries ( that are impossible to fit) to give you the expected values. Looking at what you're saying they do the same things with phones. Probably not illegal in China , something to think about though.

Biohazard

blaster99999

blaster99999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

well, i played gta vice city for 15mins and it used 6% battery, before passing them on to my parents

1GB RAM
has WIFI Direct

not came across any apps that did not work, all gameloft games showed in the play store
will update this after a couple of days see what they think of it, and what they dislike / how long the battery lasts

the recovery, is useless its in chines and only has an option to format data... the rest is just various hardware tests

once i root it, i will build clockworkmod for it though Posted Image

1GB RAM
has WIFI Direct

once i root it, i will build clockworkmod for it though Posted Image

For the price you paid its a very good spec , I didn't notice is it dual sim , did you get stung with import duty , and how is the battery lasting up.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,857 posts

For the price you paid its a very good spec , I didn't notice is it dual sim , did you get stung with import duty , and how is the battery lasting up.

yes, dual sim
no customs charges, i thought it might of with it been delivered by DHL, but it was only held in customs for 2 days before been cleared

the battery is on par with my nexus 4, lasts a day with moderate use, normally 15% to 20% left around 11pm
it also takes ages to charge like the nexus 4... witch makes me think it is 2200mAh

for anyone else, here is the phones i got
http://www.merimobil..._p/meri7358.htm

i personally would not choose this phone though, as a 5inch display is way to big for me... (cant use it with one hand)
but my parents wanted a big screen, 5 inch preferably, so when with this

4.5 to 4.7 inch device is what i would go for

raverrr

raverrr

Recognised Ginger Ninja

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Blate

Another budget Huawei:

http://www.ADVERT LINK REMOVED.com/news/MetroPCS-introduces-the-Huawei-Premia-4G-priced-off-contract-for-149.99_id41089

I like the look of that for the price. I wonder if they will ship to UK.

"Wi-Fi 802.11n"
...shame

-If i've been helpfull to you in any way, press that little green thanks button

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users