tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts
  • Interests:Alien Life
  • Devices:Nexus 4

did mk6592 & mk6582 get kitkat ?

apparently this is in stock and ship's with 4.4 http://dealsprime.co...-ram-8-0mp.html

and http://dealsprime.co...b-ram-13mp.html

Edit:

looks like it did 

grabster

grabster

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Devices:Moto g

Ok i've decided to buy one. The only thing i want to know before i do is how well the gps functions in the UK.

Can anyone share their experiences?

Tested the GPS a few times indoors and out.

Pretty much instant lock and accurate as well.

Bought mine fom Eternal Team at Aliexpress and it arrived after 13 days via DHL.

Bought it for the wife and she loves it.

Had to flash a custom rom (aosp)though as the phone suffered crashes when trying to use settings but now the phone is rock solid

Yes i would buy another for myself .

rob4x4

rob4x4

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4,Tesco Hudl

did mk6592 & mk6582 get kitkat ?

Yes, Doogee, Elephone and Zopo (ZP998) have all started rolling out Kitkat updates.

Maringer

Maringer

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
Well, my Coolpad F1 is in the country and appears to be out for delivery. Only problem is that it is set to be delivered to my home address and I'll be out at work today. Bugger. :(

Hopefully, DHL will leave it with my neighbours (who are trustworthy!), but I'm not holding my breath. Reckon I'll have to arrange redelivery next week so it's unlikely I'll be able to play around with it this weekend.

bryfly

bryfly

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Devices:Vowney V5 and coolpad F1 8297w

Shenzhen Value in Action on Aliexpress. Good service and quick delivery .

Not my best supplier so far, 4 days and still not shipped , my first one from chinatronic was shipped in 24hrs, and at my house in total 11 days from order, via Singapore post.....

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w

Hopefully, DHL will leave it with my neighbours (who are trustworthy!), but I'm not holding my breath. Reckon I'll have to arrange redelivery next week so it's unlikely I'll be able to play around with it this weekend.

Let's hope your neighbours don't follow this topic :D

Tillaz, Are there any chances for developer KitKat releases (for other MTK6592 phones) now? 

Edited by dakok, 09 May 2014 - 10:45 AM.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ZTE v987 China Rom Collection Telekineza.com Coolpad F1 software and stuff Huawei G300 Chinese Cuisine - Roms from far far away
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

rob4x4

rob4x4

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4,Tesco Hudl

The specification for the new THL 5000 make it look like my perfect phone except they missed out 900 MHz 3G signal! (and no price details yet)

Otherwise perfect- 5 inch 1080p / f1.8 sony camera / SD card slot /  and 5000 mAh battery!!

http://www.gizchina....etails-surface/

h3dshot

h3dshot

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w, SGS 2

Tested the GPS a few times indoors and out.

Pretty much instant lock and accurate as well.

Bought mine fom Eternal Team at Aliexpress and it arrived after 13 days via DHL.

Bought it for the wife and she loves it.

Had to flash a custom rom (aosp)though as the phone suffered crashes when trying to use settings but now the phone is rock solid

Yes i would buy another for myself .

Did you get hit with custom fees?

I think i'll buy mine from http://www.aliexpres...1824573104.html just because they have a high feedback and i'll get a screen protector+case with it. The only downside to this one is the long postage possibility.

Anyone in the UK had things delivered by singapore post before? how long did it take to arrive?

grabster

grabster

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Devices:Moto g

Did you get hit with custom fees?

I think i'll buy mine from http://www.aliexpres...1824573104.html just because they have a high feedback and i'll get a screen protector+case with it. The only downside to this one is the long postage possibility.

Anyone in the UK had things delivered by singapore post before? how long did it take to arrive?

Sure did...£13   first time ever to be charged like this.

Didn't really mind though as it was a present for my wife and its one hell of a phone for the money.

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

My experience with Singapore post was very good, but parcel preparation and holding  in local post office is waaay too long

Today is 2014-05-09 and it is still at post office :(

Destination Country - Croatia
2014-04-30 08:38, CROATIA, 10805 Zagreb CUV, Record item customs information, Retention reason : Invoice missing
2014-04-29 09:32, CROATIA, 10805 Zagreb CUV, Send item to customs
2014-04-29 09:32, CROATIA, 10805 Zagreb CUV, Receive item at location
2014-04-29 08:57, CROATIA, ZAGREB 10003, Send items to customs (Inb)
2014-04-28 19:54, CROATIA, ZAGREB 10003, Receive item at office of exchange
2014-04-24 16:33, Despatched to overseas (Country code: HR)
2014-04-22 16:38, Information Received (This is not an acknowledgment of the physical receipt of the stated Registered Article)
======================================

Order date: Apr. 09 2014  @ Aliexpress Eternal Team store 

Matrix is excellent aliexpress store. Contact them for stock details to be sure.
Skip dealsprime for now, a guy over here told me they prolonged his F1 despatch untill new Coolpad batch arrives :(

ZTE v987 China Rom Collection Telekineza.com Coolpad F1 software and stuff Huawei G300 Chinese Cuisine - Roms from far far away

h3dshot

h3dshot

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w, SGS 2

thanks for the info guys. I've just sent a message to matrix store on aliexpress. I'll order from them as soon as they get back to me. Looking at £113 for the phone +case+screen protector+accessories (and if i get hit with customs it'll be £126, which still isnt a bad price for the phone).

jamie_w

jamie_w

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

I note that the Hongmi 1S WCDMA version has now been released:

http://www.spemall.c...-1GB-8GB_g.html

Not too bad an upgrade over the original Hongmi and a decent price, but you can get MT6592 phones for not much more, albeit without the same type of software support you get from Xiaomi.

I have the hongmi and its a great phone, but the main issue I have is the lack of official support from miui. They class this phone as a phone for the young or elderly so the support is poorer. I've had mine since December and I've only had about 3 updates!

Maringer

Maringer

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Really? I just assumed that Xiaomi would provide reasonably regular updates for the Hongmi/Redmi, even if not weekly ones.

Seems a strange choice when so many phones from other manufacturers receive weekly updates.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts
  • Interests:Alien Life
  • Devices:Nexus 4

betting a few people who got the original moto G are feeling kind of ripped off ? since they have released a 4G version with an SDcard slot around 6 month later...

glad i sold mine when i did, the Moto E is also not what the leaks suggested as its way off 6.2mm.

anyone know much about the Doogee DG550 ?  thinking of getting it for a friend, looks good for £100 

jamie_w

jamie_w

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

Really? I just assumed that Xiaomi would provide reasonably regular updates for the Hongmi/Redmi, even if not weekly ones.

Seems a strange choice when so many phones from other manufacturers receive weekly updates.

I think you can get unofficial weekly ones, but with it being an official Miui phone I've never looked into it. From what I've read the other Xiaomi phones get regular updates but the Hongmi isn't classed as important enough.

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Interesting new 5.7" phone: ZTE Q705U - 130USD at to2c

metal.mickey

metal.mickey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Devices:Newman K1a

HI All,

Ive had a newman K1 5.3 incher, a Doogee 2014 5.0 incher and im now looking for a cheap work phone. Its gonna get dirty and scratched but id like another 5.0 inch screen. The GPS really needs to work. Screen res isnt really a proirity but a good camera is.

can anyone point me in the right direction.

MM

Maringer

Maringer

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
Depends how you define 'budget', really. The Coolpad F1 is pretty cheap, but not super-cheap. GPS seems pretty good - I get a fix within seconds when testing though I've not attempted to use it for navigation or tracking. The 13mp Sony camera is very good for a budget device as well. THe fast f2.0 lens is a heck of a lot better than the crummy camera in my last phone.

I'd definitely recommend this phone from what I've seen of it so far.

I'm not sure whether the improved GPS is due to the MT6592 chipset or a proper antenna in the phone. I've heard reasonable reports of GPS in the quad-core MT6582 so perhaps this has the same GPS improvement as the octa-core chips? Certainly a lot better than most of the 6589 chips.

metal.mickey

metal.mickey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Devices:Newman K1a
Cmon, wheres that weath of knowledge about the China phone industry. This thread is turning into how long it takes your phone to arrive and whether you had to pay duty.

The cool pad f1 is a 5.5 inch brick. Any other suggestions?

Looks like I'll have to brave the China phone industry alone.

goodfella123

goodfella123

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Can i be the first little fish to bite at that comment and say... troll.

The Coolpad F1 price/spec is great!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users