kieranswhite

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Acend g300
  • Twitter:@@kieran9969

Not sure if it is the right area but started a New Vowney topic under Other,

It says, If there is enough discussion, a dedicated area will be created.

Link??

bryfly

bryfly

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Devices:Vowney V5 and coolpad F1 8297w

arranhs

arranhs

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

@arranhs: screen is a bit better than g300`s:
244 vs 233 ppi. Not retina, but it makes it faster.
Or, it is retina actually - at 14" (36cm), which is a normal reading distance.
Gottcha!
:P

Haha you got me :P

To give you an extra headache, check the ultimate list of all MTK6589 phones. :P

221 models, updated on 12.06.2013.
Not finished yet, but I couldn`t resist to share it now :D

Oh god, i hate you so much. Just when I though I had decided on a phone :P

Looking at you list though ive suddenly because interested in the Zopo C2. I have 2 questions about it though.

What is a li-polymer battery? is that better or worse than a normal lithium battery? Because if its just normal, a 2000 mAh battery looks a bit small especially for a 1080p screen

Also, does anyone know how much a 1080p screen will slow down the phone because that is really the only thing im worried about a 1080p phone. Reading reviews, the Galaxy S4 is supposed to be a bit laggy because it has a 1080p screen, but it has 2 gb of ram! (Mind you, saying that, it cant be worse than my g300 which i have been putting up with)

Edited by arranhs, 16 June 2013 - 12:40 PM.

List of all the ROM's, Recoveries, Mods, Tutorials, Themes and Original Firmware on this forum!

[COMPILATION][LIST] ROMs/KERNELs/RECOVERYs/MODs/TUTORIALs/THEMEs/ORIGINAL FIRMWARE

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,850 posts
  • Interests:ET Life
  • Devices:Nexus 4
Double post

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,850 posts

faea battery is very small and average- 2000mah unfortunately, so not for me.

Very small? I wouldn't say so...
not for a 4.5 inch display, it probbably works out the same as the vowney battery because of the smaller screen by .5 inch,
also has a higher PPI on the smaller 4.5 inch display, even higher than my nexus at 330PPI

nexus 4 has a 2100mah on a 4.7 inch display and the battery easily lasts a day,
for me the faea f1 is perfect as I'm looking for something smaller, and has good design.

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w
Regarding Faea battery - how about this 4.5" newcomer:
Two nice MTH6589 phones from Orange product:

18.06.2013. Orange G7 (has 900/2100MHz WCDMA!)
http://www.charmpin....disposition.jsp
http://article.pchom...nt-1625157.html

18.06.2013. Orange Chasity
http://jiecao.charmp...m/parameter.jsp

Serious stuff, since they have their own rom (MIUI-like):
http://www.charmpin.com/rom.jsp

Funny thing is - they have only a 1600mAh battery!!!
i wonder how they managed to design a phone with so low battery capacity?

Looking at you list though ive suddenly because interested in the Zopo C2.
What is a li-polymer battery? is that better or worse than a normal lithium battery? Because if its just normal, a 2000 mAh battery looks a bit small especially for a 1080p screen
Also, does anyone know how much a 1080p screen will slow down the phone because that is really the only thing im worried about a 1080p phone.

Zopo C2 is no-no at present. I`ve been reading thru their forum and found this:
- they have 3-4 different versions distinguished by stickers inside battery compartment and back color and can`t explain to customers version difference
- they have problems with battery charging

Li-polymer doesn`t differ much from Li-ion, and 2000mAh is the capacity - it gets empty at nearly the same time as any other battery type of the same capacity.
It only may be a bit thinner and lighter if it has higher energy density.

CPU suffers from higher resolutions - take a look at average atuntu scores for FHD and QHD screens (I`d say 10-15% difference) so
there is a buying rule:
If you`re a gamer buy a lower resolution phone
If you want to show-off, buy a 5"er @ 1920*1080 and enjoy the screen clarity in front of your nose :P

Edited by dakok, 16 June 2013 - 02:01 PM.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ZTE v987 China Rom Collection Telekineza.com Coolpad F1 software and stuff Huawei G300 Chinese Cuisine - Roms from far far away
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

JetKun

JetKun

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate (OMC)
  • Twitter:@stephenfry
zte skate is 1800mah battery, and with a terrible processor lasts halfaday, no way, I'm waiting for this jiayu g4. 3000mah is my minimum

SYR2

SYR2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
For those looking for a smaller phone than 5" the Lenovo A820 seems like a good choice:
http://www.merimobil..._p/meri9016.htm

A well known brand and cheap at $160.
Downsides are the low resolution screen and lack of flash for the camera. Am I missing something?

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,850 posts

zte skate is 1800mah battery, and with a terrible processor lasts halfaday, no way, I'm waiting for this jiayu g4. 3000mah is my minimum

zte skate actually has a 1400mah battery,
and with a weak CPU the phone takes longer to finish tasks using more battery I would guess.

If the G4 was not so overpriced it would probably be my first choice.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,850 posts
looks like the Faea F1 can be bought straight from the manufactures website for ¥ 799 / £82.99
http://shop.faea.com...goods.php?id=46

i'v just sent an email asking if i can have it delivered to the UK, although i doubt they will...

looks like its getting a few of the Chinese ROMs including MIUI V5

"a. penguin F1 is the original eco-Andrews 4.1 system that we have and the number of ROM production team, six months began to brush MIUI V5 system,
Baidu cloud, Le Frog and other systems, specific detailed official forum announcement;"

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Vowney V5.
  • Twitter:@Rico_89_

I'm seriously thinking about the Newman K1 instead of the Vowney/Verne V5.
Its only £15 more but the camera should be better quality (f2.2) and battery is slightly bigger (2500 instead of 2400).
But more importantly I can get silicon covers and screen protectors easily on ebay for a couple of quid.
Apart from that the phones look almost identical in spec.
Am I missing something?

Also, would anyone be willing to help me build CMW or TWRP for it if I got one?

My brother is seriously interested in my V5 but I don't really want to order two phones that are exactly the same, just in case they turn out to be faulty. As I have said before I like to minimise the risk, so I was looking at the K1 too. ...Didn't bryfly order one of these the same time he ordered his V5? I'd be interested in what he has to say about the K1.

looks like the Faea F1 can be bought straight from the manufactures website for ¥ 799 / £82.99
http://shop.faea.com...goods.php?id=46

i'v just sent an email asking if i can have it delivered to the UK, although i doubt they will...

Nice phone too bad the screen isn't 5".

Edited by Rico_89, 16 June 2013 - 07:00 PM.

bryfly

bryfly

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Devices:Vowney V5 and coolpad F1 8297w

Didn't bryfly order one of these the same time he ordered his V5? I'd be interested in what he has to say about the K1.

Would like to tell you about it but despite it being despatched before my V5 it did not track and has not arrived, got to raise a paypal dispute on 19/5 if it has not arrived, merimobiles say it will but im not confident......

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,850 posts

Nice phone too bad the screen isn't 5".

i'm not a fan of 5 inch phones, but the Faea F2 is 5 inch 1080p, not sure what the price is though.
http://www.gizmochin...-phone-preview/

edit:
$239.99 / £152
http://www.android-i...roid-phone.html

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts
Fly-UI OS supports models:
Newman N2, iOcean X7, Xiaocai G6, Jiayu G4

http://pan.baidu.com...#dir/path=/立即下载

ZTE v987 China Rom Collection Telekineza.com Coolpad F1 software and stuff Huawei G300 Chinese Cuisine - Roms from far far away

Sere83

Sere83

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
Hey tillaz just wondering if you know how I could boost in call volume as its a bit low on my V5, saw you commented on another similar post about a Hauwei so just though i'd ask...

JetKun

JetKun

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate (OMC)
  • Twitter:@stephenfry
g4 is only 50quid more than the v5,plus it's better in every way, and still way cheaper than theequivalent handset hereithink

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,850 posts

Hey tillaz just wondering if you know how I could boost in call volume as its a bit low on my V5, saw you commented on another similar post about a Hauwei so just though i'd ask...

have you checked the service menu for a dual mic option ?

try entering this in the phone * # * # 4636 # * # * to bring up the menu

Sere83

Sere83

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

have you checked the service menu for a dual mic option ?

try entering this in the phone * # * # 4636 # * # * to bring up the menu

Just tried that and it says:

Phone information
Battery Information
Usage Statistics
WLAN Information

No reference to dual mic as far as i can see

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts

g4 is only 50quid more than the v5,plus it's better in every way, and still way cheaper than theequivalent handset hereithink

Not that much - it`s only $219 at BySku

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Vowney V5.
  • Twitter:@Rico_89_

Would like to tell you about it but despite it being despatched before my V5 it did not track and has not arrived, got to raise a paypal dispute on 19/5 if it has not arrived, merimobiles say it will but im not confident......

Wow bad luck.. I hope it does arrive though would like to see a comparison with the V5.

i'm not a fan of 5 inch phones, but the Faea F2 is 5 inch 1080p, not sure what the price is though.
http://www.gizmochin...-phone-preview/

edit:
$239.99 / £152
http://www.android-i...roid-phone.html

Nice phone and a good price.. Yet another HTC butterfly clone though lol they must love that HTC in China, but clones don't bother me any more once the specs are right then I don't mind.

Only one way, it has gorilla glass and after that it's personal preference. Also £50 is almost half the price of a V5, BySky seem to have it at £140 but yet again that's preorder and that seems to be the full white version which is a show stopper for me.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users